GO!

Cleanaholic! But still need help!

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
♥The- Brat- Pack♥-

This is just the- way we roll!!!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 8:22pm PST 
I know I have a house FULL of animals but my house is ALWAYS clean. I clean it every day and vaccum AT LEAST once a day. I bathe the dogs minimum every week and a half and everyone always comments "for having so many animals your house is sooo clean" I even had a friend of mine tell a lady at the dog park "you wouldnt believe it she has all those animals but I would eat off her floor" big laugh Anyway! Im very very proud of my clean dogs and house.

But for some reason my car always stinks. My dogs stay in crates in the back of my SUV and I clean in inside and out of the car and crates I basically detail my own car minimum of once a week but no matter how much febreeze and vaccuming and cleaning I do I cant get the "dog smell" out of my car. Its embarassing and I am ashamed to ever have anyone besides my daughter and husband in my car. Any suggestions? shrug
[notify]
Bama AKA- "Buddybear'

'Just as cuddly- as i look!'

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 8:24pm PST 
Have you tried pet odor eliminator spray?
I love the candles, not sure how good the spray is.
[notify]
♥The- Brat- Pack♥-

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 8:43pm PST 
What kind of spray? Does it have a name brand? shrug
[notify]

Bama AKA- "Buddybear'

'Just as cuddly- as i look!'

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 9:21pm PST 
The candles and spray are actually called "pet odor eliminator"
I love the candles. My vet sells them. I'd buy candles if I had NO pets. I am a candleholic.
Most of the scents I have tried are great and they really work for pet or cooking smells.

You can order them or get at some grooming or pet stores.

We have tried the vanilla creme, vanilla rose, pumpkin spice, delicious pancakes, bamboo, mulberry spice and cinnamon sprinkle.

I prefer vanilla rose and vanilla creme/creamy vanilla the most.
Not sure how good the sprays are...but figured I'd tell u about the candles.

Here is one site, but you can find them on a lot of sites. Or check local vet clinics.

http://www.petproductsbyroyal.com/servlet/the-81/Pet-Odo r-Exterminator-Candle/Detail

(REMOVE THE SPACE)

Not sure of any more tips for the car....I like OUT pet stain and odor remover. I get it at walmart. We keep the hard surface one for our potty mat area. It works really good. And, we used to use the kind for carpet when we lived at our apt and was training the dogs.

http://outinternational.com/cleaning_solutions.html

look at all the cleaning solutions

Edited by author Wed Oct 27, '10 9:33pm PST

[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Thu Oct 28, '10 1:23pm PST 
Sadly, despite my efforts, my car always smells like dog feet. I have a car clip on air freshner from Bath & Body Works, but I have to clip it right on my side near my nose, bol!

Have you tried leaving your a/c vent open to allow some air flow?

I think my car is just old and has a funk.
[notify]
♥- DEOGIE- ♥

Born a dog but- turned into a- gentleman.

Barked: Thu Oct 28, '10 8:39pm PST 
I have heard of a few methods to absorb the smell from your car. Slices of bread, a bowl of vinegar or baking soda left over night will help remove the doggy smell. Never tried it myself but it's a cheap fix if it works. Let me know.
[notify]
♥The- Brat- Pack♥-

Barked: Fri Oct 29, '10 12:17am PST 
Tanuk? AC vent open? Thanks Deogie I'll have to try that!

I LOVE your name by the way LOL

Edited by author Fri Oct 29, '10 12:17am PST

[notify]
Trigger

*Blackdog*

Barked: Fri Oct 29, '10 6:07am PST 
I sprinkle baking soda on the floors (leather seats so I can just wipe those down but if they were cloth I'd do those too) and vacuum. It helps tremendously. I also have a clip on oil diffuser, Glade makes 'em, they're just like the oil diffusers you plug into outlets in your home but these just clip onto the vents. Any time you turn on the heater or even when the car just heats up from the sun it smells fantastic. I have an SUV too, the scent fills the entire vehicle but it's overpowering way to go
[notify]
♥- DEOGIE- ♥

Born a dog but- turned into a- gentleman.

Barked: Fri Oct 29, '10 6:27am PST 
I don't use air fresheners in my car of any kind. I find most of them over-powering to my senses, Deogie having a greater sense of smell than me, I feel it's too much for him.
[notify]
Trigger

*Blackdog*

Barked: Fri Oct 29, '10 6:33am PST 
That was meant to read "it's NOT overpowering" lol

Too late to edit red face
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2