GO!

my tips for a clean home even with pets!

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Bama AKA- "Buddybear'

'Just as cuddly- as i look!'

Barked: Sat Oct 30, '10 11:04pm PST 
laugh out loud

Gunner you have got to try Wallflowers from Bath and Body Works if you like plug ins!

I got one from a friend bc she knew I loved stuff like that and I fell in love with it. BOL Eventually replaced all my Glade ones with Wallflowers.
The refills seem pricey at 12.50 for a 2 pk. But, I have never paid that. They go on sale all the time for 5-6.00 each. And, you can get spend 30.00 get 10.00 off coupons alot. So, I stock up when they are on sale.
They last a lot longer than the glade refills. Probably about 6 weeks!
[notify]
Cricket- 2007-2011

I'm a fighter.

Barked: Sun Oct 31, '10 12:36pm PST 
Ooohhh, it's so hard not to let the dogs on the bed...but it's so worth it. Our bed is dog hair-free and nobody fights for real estate.
[notify]
Gunner

Gunna get \'em!

Barked: Sun Oct 31, '10 2:50pm PST 
I do love the wallflowers. I just haven't coughed up the money for one. I'll check it out next time I'm at the mall.

Gunner and the cat both are allowed on the bed. Jewel and the puppy, no. Jewel may pee and the puppy STAYS dirty. Plus, Gunner hardly sheds. I don't have the heart to kick him off for good. He does know "off" and he will hop to his own bed when I give that command. But I LOVE snuggling with him in the mornings when the hubby leaves before me.

Luckily, he doesn't really have a doggie odor. I do HATE it when he lays on the pillowcases though, he turns them black somehow. So he's not allowed that high up. Just on the comforter (which DEF shows signs of animal wear. BOL!)
[notify]

Bama AKA- "Buddybear'

'Just as cuddly- as i look!'

Barked: Sun Oct 31, '10 3:15pm PST 
Sign up for bath and body's email list. When their wallflowers and refills go on sale online then they will be in the store also!
[notify]

Barked: Fri May 10, '13 2:08am PST 
The easiest way to get obviate those very little hair balls is to comb them up now. It's inevitable that your dog or cat can scratch furiously, and dislodge hair, right once you vacuum. It's an enclosed pet reality. I keep a trifle broom and dustpan at easy accessibility. rather like i'd imbibe a spill on my counter as shortly as I see it, I whisk up hair and crumbs, too.

End Of Lease Cleaning Brisbane
[notify]
Rylee

Rylee

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 6:38pm PST 
I've always been a clean freak so once a week I spring clean (this was even before I got my puppy). We vacuum everyday. The puppy is not allowed in the kitchen, the guest bedroom, or the master bedroom. He is only allowed on the couch. I have an amazing spot remover for accidents from Bissell (Crud Suds) --- works like a charm. Takes the odor away and I can't tell where the puppy had an accident. I also wash his crate once a month and wash his bedding and toys whenever I do laundry. No one entering my house realizes I have a dog. I don't smell that awful smell so many people have (especially the ones with pee pads). Oh, I also have an odor eliminator I have near his crate.
[notify]
Firefly

Life is better- with Sheltie- love.

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 9:25pm PST 
I like this thread, haha big grin

I usually cut back on pet odors by cleaning with both ACV and white vinegar. My room smells like a pickle for a day or two, but nothing that my favorite coconut incense can't handle. way to go I also love wax burners. Febreeze is always handy as well.
[notify]
Jackson

Futuristic Bow- Wow

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 10:34pm PST 
Good post! I need any tips I can get considering my boyfriend(and, one day, husband)is highly allergic to dander, dust, etc, and I can't live and won't live without dogs, so when we get our own place, extreme cleanliness is a must. It's been going well, so far, when I clean the house before he comes over. I'm definitely gonna use the white vinegar in the laundry tip!
[notify]
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Sun Jun 16, '13 1:11pm PST 
Huskies are not smelly by nature, something to do with their glands or lack thereof, but the HAIR! Vacuum every day. Sometimes sweep in between.

Dogs not allowed in master bedroom, hubby's office, or the media room. They hang in the family room, kitchen, backyard. Not allowed on thee furniture, and for stubborn dogs, they learned this rule quick.
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Sun Jun 16, '13 6:36pm PST 
I brush Milton with a fine toothed comb almost daily. It removes loose hairs, dirt and dander. If he was furrier I would get one of those furninators, those are amazing. I let him on my bed. I have high thread count sheets which I believe are cleaner. The tightly woven fibers keeps hair and dander from sticking to the sheets. They are worth the extra money. I buy good quality big lent rollers to remove the hairs off the sheets.

I seldom wash my dog. If you wash them to often it strips their coats of the natural oils and makes their skin flakier. Feeding a good quality diet makes them smell less. If the dog food has crap in it like by-products, your dogs are going to smell like it.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3