GO!

Define "Clean"

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 46)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Vivace

Wonder pup in- the making.

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 2:56pm PST 
I think my house is clean when we aren't having to trip over dog or kid junk. There are no cobwebs in the corners, the dishes are done and clothes are put away.

I have to vaccume every few days to keep up with the kids. Thankfully both our dogs don't shed a ton, since they are both shorthaired and brushed almost every day.

In truth I don't think my house is every truly totally clean. It would mean me cleaning at least two hours a day. I would rather spend the time with the dogs and kids and let the house be a bit messy then not spend the time with them. Once a week we all pitch in and do a good clean up.
[notify]
Dylan &- Grace& Bryce

trouble X 3

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 3:41pm PST 
ever have a hairball roll acrossed the floor and scare the bejeepers outta your cat? ummm cuz it was bigger then the cat?
1 border collie, 1 sheltie, and 1 collie all blow thier coats in the same week eek
[notify]
Ezra

where is my ucky- ball??

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 6:11pm PST 
I am married and my husband's 4th dog Ezra sheds soooo much here in the townhouse it is not funny! I mean you could make a stuffed Ezra from the fur. Clean seems to be a challenge if you have a Golden Retriever. Clean also seems to be a relative term here. One person's clean is another persons dirty. The whole issue does get complicated if their are health concerns. (My husband and I both have Asthma.)
[notify]

Mini

A Heartbeat at- Your Feet ♥

Barked: Thu Oct 28, '10 12:12am PST 
Glad we dont have the fur ball problem but enjoy reading about it big laugh

I thought our place was "clean" but I kept sniffling and sneezing lately so today we dusted and lysol sprayed (yes spray! Not just wipes!), the WHOLE house! Every nook and cranny... we dont have that big of a place but forget dog hair- DUST can sure hide a lot of places! I consider myself quite "clean" but apparantly not! Yuk, I think when the furnace got turned on for the 1st time this year it blew dust everywhere silenced
Horror story: I was at someone's house and their dog pooped on the floor, I said, (duh!?), "There's poop over there, I think your dog had an accident", the person said, "That's Ok, let it dry and I'll get it later" silencedconfusedsilenced GAG! I couldnt stomach that, same thing happened with the same person but with puke... and the dog just ate it!
Before these people had a dog they were freakishly clean, like too much where you were scared to touch stuff... now everything's changed!! shockbig laugh
[notify]
Gunner

Gunna get \'em!

Barked: Thu Oct 28, '10 12:00pm PST 
laugh out loudbig laughapplause

BOL!

Its clean so long as it doesn't smell like pee, the "fluff" (my word for dog hair) is ONLY in the corners (and on the couch, chair) my pillow cases aren't black yet (Gunner lays on them), 1/2 the toys are still in the basket, the trash is still in the trash can, there isn't broken treat chunks all over the carpet, the dogs lick the kitchen carpet clean, there isn't bits of kitty litter hanging outside of its box, and my own mess, clothes, are (mostly) in a basket.

=D shrug it doesn't meet my Mom's standards but hey, she doesn't have pets.
[notify]
Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Thu Oct 28, '10 12:37pm PST 
If I can walk through the house, in bare feet or socks and not have them turn into fuzzy slippers and the bottoms don't end up a different color! wink

Edited by author Thu Oct 28, '10 12:38pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 46)  
1  2  3  4  5