GO!

Define "Clean"

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 8:53am PST 
If there are no cobwebs dangling and the carpet has not yet started to sprout and the dog hair in the corners is a scattering rather than mounded.

If the number of dog toys strewn around does not exceed the number of dogs by more than a factor of 2, if the kitchen floor is decently covered by unstained scatter rugs and the "front" areas of the house are not buried in pet related supplies.

If those claw marks on the dining room chair legs have been buffed somewhat recently and there are no obvious teeth marks in other wooden furniture. (door frames excluded, because I really AM going to replace those someday!)

If countertops are washed and dog dishes are lined up and clean. If their toys are not ragged and have been washed in the last month or so.

Clean enough for us.
[notify]
Sable Marie

-insert witty- phrase here-

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 9:06am PST 
Sounds just like my house, well...except for the toys. Putting Sable's toys in her toy box is a joke, she drags them right back out.

Edited by author Sat Oct 23, '10 9:06am PST

[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 9:07am PST 
hail hail big laugh
I love it! Their toys don't ever get washed though. When they are too stinky for inside they go outsidesmile Before I replaced it, I had a red carpet. If it didn't look like Santa with a five O'clock shadow, it was clean enough!
[notify]

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 9:16am PST 
Well, we have a resident Grandma and that is the only reason the toys ever get picked up. I tend to just kick them out of the way.

And I believe the carpet was once a sort of cocoa brown. Now it is much closer to dirt.
[notify]
Sprite

Center of- attention 24/7!

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 9:22am PST 
Clean means toys over to one side of the room, no hair underneath the kitchen table, nose and tongue marks cleaned off the windows, and clean floors (if we're lucky).
[notify]
Our Gang

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 9:29am PST 
We replaced our carpet last year. The sales rep asked what color we would like. Our response...."Mud" "We want mud coloered carpet"
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 9:33am PST 
Oh. Windows.

(looks at French Door. considers it clean because it is still somewhat transparent.)
[notify]
Mikey

You know you- want to pet me

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 10:26am PST 
I was wondering last night, if my house is similar to other dog owner houses. By that I mean, constantly full of fur.
All of my friends have two or more dogs, but let me tell you, I've never seen this kind of fur flurries on their floors.

Clean for me is not having clumps of Mikey's fur all over the floor.
So different from the days before Mikey when clean to me meant making sure that my kitchen floor had a shine. sigh.

I can't seem to maintain clean anymore. Every week I do a deep vacuum throughout the house. By the next morning, I have fur flurries again.
I swifter every day and that just holds off the clumping fur until later in the day.

There is no "clean" anymore.
[notify]
Bama AKA- "Buddybear'

'Just as cuddly- as i look!'

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 4:55pm PST 
Clean is: a nice smelling home (for the most part)

other things that make a house seem nice and neat to me are:

clean floors
wiped down counters
things not laying around everywhere
clean dishes
clean toilets

Mikey, Brodie doesn't shed clumps of hair but yet lil tiny small white hairs every where, I think they even float in the air and land on my just vacuumed floors and sofa and dusted furniture!
I can NEVER get rid of all those lil hairs.

Edited by author Sat Oct 23, '10 4:57pm PST

[notify]
Mikey

You know you- want to pet me

Barked: Sun Oct 24, '10 12:24am PST 
Bama, sometimes I'll give Mikey a good brushing before I vacuum. That way I can at least keep him from dropping copious amounts of fur right after I vacuum.
Doesn't even matter that I do that. I can brush him really good, vacuum like mad and within a few hours, I not only have a slight haze of dog fur on my floors, I'll get clumping fur too.
It never ends.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5