GO!

Good tools to pick up dog hair?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Pepsie

*Pepsie the- Papillon*

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 6:58am PST 
Pepsie can sometimes shed ALOT and we use the Pledge Fabric Sweeper for Pet Hair but I am wondering does that Scotch Fur Fighter works bettershrug Any other pet fur pikcing up tools you reccomend?
[notify]
Cooper

st. francis of- asses

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 7:18am PST 
Pepsi, we use both of them, whatever is on sale laugh out loud They both seem to work about the same!
[notify]
Lily

Whose bed?? Why- would YOU think- that?

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 8:35am PST 
WalMart has a longish brush with green rubber 'fingers' that is sold with the fur brushes, but is for cleaning. It does a fantastic job on the car seats. Inside, I spray the couch lightly with Febreeze and use the upholstery tool on the vacuum. Then I have to vacuum the upholstery tool. The green brush works indoors, too. I should pick up another one. Come to think of it, I used it on my last Siberian, too. I don't think Lily would be impressed.
[notify]

Sprite

Center of- attention 24/7!

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 9:32am PST 
We have the Pledge Fabric Sweeper, but usually I just vacuum. Our Bissell vacuum came with an attachment for pet hair, but it stopped working after a few uses. I've yet to get it working, but it was great while it lasted.
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 4:40pm PST 
I just wash the slipcovers. Long ago I bought a rubber broom with a yellow handle at the county fair that was perfect for the old cut pile wool rug. Other rubber brooms broke. The vacuum can pick up hair just fine from the current low uncut pile rug and tiled floor.
[notify]
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 4:51pm PST 
the attachement on my vacuum works wonderful for stairs and the furniture...bc despite covering up the couch some of Brodie's hair makes its' way onto it somehow.

i think it's called a turbo brush. you can buy one at lowes and places like that if your vacuum didn't come with one and it will work as long as your vacuum has good suction.
The brush on the bottom turns.

looks like this in diff colors

turbo tool

for my hardwood and tile i LOVE my swiffer sweeper vac

my vacuum for carpet is a hoover windtunnel
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Fri Oct 29, '10 9:14am PST 
I have found the very best cleaning attachment is a dog's wire slicker brush! No kidding, it cleans stray hair out of thick carpet, rugs, furniture and car seats. I use it just before vacuuming and ALL the hair is gone! And, this was when I had mostly labs. Now with the poodles it's never a problem.
[notify]