GO!

Portable Air Cleaners?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

joey

I'm working on- three toys!

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 4:36pm PST 
I have been considering buying an air cleaner for my bedroom and was wondering if anyone has tried one. We seem to have a lot of dust in the house and while we have a cleaner attached to the furnace, it only works if you run the fan a lot. Does anyone have a portable cleaner? Does it help reduce allergy symptoms and/or dust? What brand do you recommend? Does it have to have a HEPA cleaner?
[notify]
joey

I'm working on- three toys!

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 2:45pm PST 
Any body have an air cleaner?
[notify]
Max

Somewhere there- is something I- can eat..

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 3:53pm PST 
I have 2 Sharper Image Ionic Breezes that I've had for about 6 years now. They're awesome. They really do a fantastic job of cleaning the air of both dust and dander. You can tell because I have to clean them about once every 10 days and they're white with dust/dander. A good air purifier is worth every penny, imo.

edited to add: you asked about allergy symptoms- yes, they help tremendously. smile That was the number one thing that improved (along with the decrease in dust) after I bought them. Lots less sniffles in my house.

Edited by author Sat Oct 23, '10 3:55pm PST

[notify]