GO!

Candles, Incense, Plug-Ins? How do you keep your home smelling clean?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Peter Parker

Peace, Love &- Dachshunds

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:08am PST 
wave
So, what do you guys use to keep your house smelling clean? Candles? Plug-Ins? Something perhaps you'd like to share with us??big grin
Nobody likes walking into a stinky house, right? wink
Some of our favorites are the plug-ins from Bath and Body Works and Candles.
Yankee Candles has some really yummy candles that really smell up the whole house with only 1 candle! cheer
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:20am PST 
We use plug-ins and candles. I've used candles since I was a little girl and plug ins since they came out. The house doesn't smell of dog, I just like some of the scents.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:27am PST 
I light a bee's wax candle when Jewel's got a smelly chew going on. But I'm allergic to some scents myself so I've never tried a plug in.

One time my Dad came over while Jewel and her friend were both chewing on bully sticks (not the unscented ones) and he told me to open a windown because my house reaked of dog....I had to tell him that he wasn't smelling dog. laugh out loud
[notify]

Our Gang

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:33am PST 
We use candles, Febreeze and lots of open window time
[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:35am PST 
No Febreze... My husband used it once without my permission and both of my dogs were miserable from it. Every oraface in their faces were draining.
I'll use the occasional candle, but I'm also big on having windows open and airing my house out. And I also have friends who I ask to be very honest and tell me if my house stinks, and so far everybody has said that if they didn't know dogs were here and didn't see the dog hair and slingers on the wall, they wouldn't be able to tell they were here just by smell. So that makes me feel good.
[notify]
Peter Parker

Peace, Love &- Dachshunds

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:37am PST 
LOVE opening the windows too. Nothing like fresh clean air flowing through the houseway to go
[notify]
Our Gang

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:39am PST 
Have never heard it called slingers laugh out loud I like that and may have to use it. Trying to keep the walls clean is a joke and a never ending job
[notify]
Chloe

OG- Original- Goberian

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 10:07am PST 
bol Jewel!! laugh out loud

I use febreeze spray on the couches, blankets, and beds occasionaly, usually only when I'm on a "cleaning kick". Otherwise we use Gain laundry detergent and that makes all the blankets and sheets smell amazing!

I light candles and incense too, I'm in love with my Pumpkin harvest febreeze candle right now!

I'm sad it's getting too cold to open the windows anymore, I love having all the windows open! frown
[notify]
Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 10:09am PST 
Air purifying system! Open windows works too, except when it's high-pollen season.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 10:10am PST 
Yeah...winter is coming fast here it was 26F this morning already, open windows are not so fun anymore. laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8