GO!

Hello.....I am going crazy

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Chestnut

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 4:50pm PST 
I have a hairless Chinese Crested a little over a year old. I adopted him from his previous owner because she was unable to care for him any longer due to her commute to work. After adopting him, he is NOT how his owner described him. He is timid, shy, anxious, and fearful of others. He is good with our "small family" of myself, my husband, my daughter, two cats, and other large dog. When he feels threatened or cornered he growls and snaps/attempts to bite. He has no idea how to play, and has just recently started eating. He loves his mommy and wants to be by my side always (which is okay). Also, he is NOT housebroken like the owner said. We let him out every hour on the dot, have tried treats and lots of positive reinforcement, and nothing seems to work. I love my crestie tremendously and want him to love his forever home. Any suggestions?
[notify]
Fancy

Fancy& Rambo- Chinese Crested- Littermates

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 1:48pm PST 
I don't have any good answers for you but just wanted to say good luck. I would also try one of the other forums, like small dogs or rescues, I think they get more traffic.

I your Crestie going in her crate? or just on the floor? When I first started trianing my puppies I let them play for about an hour then put them back in the crate for another hour or so then right outside.

I'm not an expert by anymeans, these are my first inside dogs in 20 years.
[notify]