GO!

Just a few questions...

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Sat Aug 21, '10 6:17pm PST 
I'm not planning on getting another dog anytime too soon, but someday I'd defiantly like to get another.

I've been doing a bit of research on some prospective breeds, and Chinese Cresteds is one of them!

I was wondering, do they normally like to be held or not? Some websites I was reading said they don't enjoy being picked up. Will they enjoy sitting on my lap and cuddling, or are they more independent?

Some sites also described them as "velcro" dogs and said they can be weary of strangers. What are owners experiences with that?

How fragile are they really? Would they be okay playing with Kit? He's a 15 lb papillon. He's very hyper and playful. But he never plays too rough with other dogs, his favorite thing is getting chased! He loves other dogs and I'd like to someday get another dog who would make a good companion for him.

Anything else anyone would like to share about them would be great too smile Thanks in advance!!
[notify]
Stella

Teacup- chupacabra

Barked: Thu Dec 9, '10 10:41am PST 
I know this is an older thread, but I though I'd throw in my two cents...

Both Cresties that I have shared my life with have been cuddlers, but in completely different ways. My dearly departed Hubble loved to lounge about in my arms, and happily spent the last few months of his life going almost everywhere with me. He was in poor health and very fragile, and preferred to be carried instead of walking since he tired quickly and took a long time to recover after exertion.

Stella, my current crested, is an entirely different beast! She has the advantages of youth and better breeding on her side, and she is not a delicate little flower by any standard. She is a sturdy, athletic, confident pup with a very typical 'bitch' temperament, just like her momma - just what we had hoped to add to our little family. She is more openly affectionate with people outside her family group than what I have read is typical for the breed, but we also socialized the heck out of her as a puppy as all good parents should.
[notify]