GO!

Any Info on Chinese Crested(Hairless)

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Angel Lou

Everybody wants- to be a...DOG!- not a CAT

Barked: Fri Oct 30, '09 11:15am PST 
Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me a bit about this breed. I have been doing quite a bit of research on them. As I am interested in getting one in the future. After I move into our new place. Any information would be great, and very helpful. Thanks !smile
[notify]
Zuma Isle of- British W- Indies

Hiney Boy,- Handsome Harry,- Naked baby

Barked: Thu Dec 31, '09 6:56pm PST 
I adopted Zuma, who is a hairless Chinese Crested a year ago. He is the most affectionate, intelligent, beautiful, loving lap dog I have ever owned. He even smiles ! He is actually more like a baby. He sleeps on his back, with all fours up in the air, under the covers in-between my husband and myself. Zuma wears a tee shirt in, summer, Pajamas at night and sweaters and hats in the winter months. He will burn in the summer if exposed to the sun, but a tee shirt and some sun block will solve that problem and he freezes in the winter months if he isn't wearing clothes. If you like attention, just try walking down the street with a Chinese crested. There isn't a person who passes who doesn't stop and ask you " what is that ?" Then they instantly fall in love with him. He loves everyone. They never smell like a dog, and very easy to groom. All the pros outweigh the cons. But I should let you know, they are very fragile, so you have to be very gentle . The hairless chested can have very bad skin problems, also bad teeth. Zuma has to stick with a certain diet, he has bouts of intestinal problems, I hate to say they can be very difficult to house brake too. But he never leaves my side, and loves me from the minute he wakes up until the moment he falls asleep. We are totally inseparable. I will never own anything but a hairless Chinese Crested.
[notify]