GO!

Any one feel like talking Cresteds?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Zeus

I am naked- Love!!!

Barked: Fri Apr 25, '08 9:58pm PST 
I am 8mos old and my mom says I have come a long way in 3 1/2 monthes!
I would love to talk to other Cresteds!
dancing
[notify]
Contessa

little mommy

Barked: Sat Apr 26, '08 11:36am PST 
Hi! We are 4 Cresteds & love to share with other Crestie lovers. We have lots of issues, such as skin problems sometimes & food questions cause we are very picky eaters. We love to talk Cresteds.
[notify]
Zeus

I am naked- Love!!!

Barked: Sat Apr 26, '08 3:15pm PST 
I have acne and black head problems but my mom isn't giving up!!! I am not a show dog or any thing but I can still be handsom!! Is there any thing that has been working for you?
[notify]

Kesha

Kesha laFreaka- our little Diva

Barked: Sat Apr 26, '08 6:49pm PST 
We use 2 different products from a company called Isle of Dogs. We got this at a dog show and need to get some more. I'm going to check online to see if I can find it. We use #91 for healthy skin & hair & #93 for skin problems. It really has helped although we still have pimples, just not nearly as bad. I heard about bathing them with yogurt & honey, we've tried it a few times but didn't notice any improvement. I've changed their food a few times, now we are feeding Wellness Puppy & home made food (which they love!!) Does Zeus have any treats that he just loves? Mine are not that treat crazy and we are doing Rally classes where yummy treats are necessary. Can't find anything they are that crazy about.
[notify]
Zeus

I am naked- Love!!!

Barked: Sat Apr 26, '08 8:47pm PST 
If you find that skin stuff let me know!
My dogs love Zukes treats but they are not picky. Do you show your dogs?
[notify]
Our Gang

Waiting for Mom

Barked: Sun Apr 27, '08 12:18pm PST 
No, we don't show. We had Kesha with a trainer for a while learning how to show, but it really isn't her thing. She is still very shy & nervous so we've been taking her alot of different places trying to socialize her more. Tess & Razzle are taking Rally classes & we plan to compete in Rally trials with them. Do you show or compete?
[notify]
Zeus

I am naked- Love!!!

Barked: Sun Apr 27, '08 8:22pm PST 
Hehehe I am not even sure what rally trials are!
Zues is not a show dog, I think he was a puppy mill dog although he is very cute!!!
I am still thinking about agility training or fly ball. I have never done either one. But Zeus has luxating patellas but the vet said that it is not severe and might not bother him. So I might try it just for entertainment purposes and see how his knees do.
[notify]
Wyatt- Paisley

I love you! Love- me!

Barked: Sun Nov 2, '08 5:48am PST 
I love cresteds!! And as far as agility goes...DO IT! You ae going to love it!! Cresteds are amazing lil agility dogs! I took my girl to a class, and I was actually getting in trouble because I couldn't keep up with her! She's so fast, and it really brought her out of her shy shell. She's a pistol now! Enjoy the crazy lil dogs!
[notify]
Sadie &- Buddy

WOof

Barked: Wed Dec 3, '08 10:42am PST 
raises hand,,, picky, picky eaters here!

anyone have any tips on feeding? The vet promises me they will eat when they are hungry not to feed them ppl food,, well I do red face. If I dont they barely eat, ie: a few bites of dry puppy food at midnight on the 3rd day frown So I give in and feed them fresh cooked chicken or turkey ...they always eat that.
[notify]
Tucker, CGC,- TDI

Bloggin' Dog

Barked: Thu Mar 5, '09 9:18am PST 
Tucker, my PPuff Crestie, LOVED agility! We did Intro I and Intro II and then we quit because I couldn't learn how to do front crosses! smile I will probably take him back at some point and try again - he's already a star, it's Mom who needed some work!

As to food - check out the Food & Nutrition forums. I think dogs will eventually eat when they're hungry, BUT why should they have to eat the same boring food day in and day out?

I feed my dogs (and cats) on a rotational feeding plan - kibble and canned or kibble and home-prepared topper in the am and either raw or home cooked in the evenings. They look forward to every meal and are in glowing health.

Obviously it's important what commercial foods you are using - I use Solid Gold, Wellness Supermix 5, Wellness Core, Blue Buffalo, and Orijen kibble, and Natural Balance, Solid Gold, and Wellness canned.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2