GO!

Shedding

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Mon Jan 2, '12 1:47pm PST 
Our Bulldog puppy is 4.5 months old and she is shedding so much. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to help decrease this? My My husbands allergies have been really bad, and if we don't find a solution I am worried we will have to give her up.

please help!
[notify]
Audrey- Hepbull

I am not dumb, I- am ignoring you.

Barked: Wed Jan 4, '12 8:21am PST 
there was a recent discussion on shedding a few posts down....

I now use coconut oil and fish oil, and feed her a raw diet, and my bulldog only sheds a big one in the spring and a little bit in the fall.

I noticed it was a very gradual reduction in shedding-over the course of 2 years-to get to the point where even the fall shed was only a minimal amount.

I was sitting with her yesterday trying to see if I could get some hairs off of her, rubbing backwards and grabbing bits to see if any came loose. I got ONE hair from around her neck, and 3 or 4 from the base of her tail. None at all from anywhere on the middle of her body-she just doesn't shed.
[notify]