GO!

Summertime Bulls

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Lamb Chop

I can sleep- anywhere!

Barked: Fri Mar 18, '11 2:25pm PST 
Hi, I have heard of all to stories about bulldogs not being goos in hot eather but does anyone have a bulldog that isnt bad in the summer?
[notify]
Audrey- Hepbull

I am not dumb, I- am ignoring you.

Barked: Fri Mar 18, '11 4:47pm PST 
ALL bulldogs need to be VERY VERY carefully watched in the summer!!!!

My Audrey just this past weekend got overheated from playing ball on an exceptionally warm day with the neighbors kids. It happened VERY fast.
Like in 10 minutes.

I had to bring her in and run cool water over her in the tub, it took almost 20 minutes to get her tongue uncurled and her panting slowed down.

Do not EVER relax with your bully in the heat!

On the bulldog boards there are stories every single year of bullies dropping dead from the heat. One dog last year in Florida went for the same 10 minute walk everyday for years. The owner stopped one day to talk to a neighbor, and the dog dropped dead on the sidewalk, that extra few minutes, (and he was only standing! not moving,) was too much.
[notify]
Edgar Allan- Poe

Barked: Sat Apr 16, '11 6:00am PST 
I knew someone who had a bully too and thought they had one that was great in the heat as well until one day out of no where it had heat stroke and they couldn't cool him down fast enough and he passed away. Not a pleasant way to go. cry
[notify]

Matilda

Hang on, lemme- just put my bum- on you.

Barked: Tue May 31, '11 10:07am PST 
Yeah, I am not sure how hard one can stress that they are heat intolerant. Even if my dog isn't going on a walk, I blast the air conditioning in the car to cool it down before we go anywhere. I just don't think you can be too careful when it comes to bullies and heat.
[notify]