GO!

English vs. French Bulldog

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Aphrodite

I'm a love-bug!

Barked: Thu Nov 18, '10 9:43am PST 
My husband and I started talking about what dog we wanted to get next (won't happen for another 5 years or so), and brought up an English Bulldog, but I've always wanted a French Bulldog. He wants an English b/c he says they don't bark and they're calm. I want a Frenchie because they're cute as a button and my aunt had one that I was in love with growing up.

Does anyone know a lot about both English and French Bulldogs? I'd love to see a comparision list between the two breeds covering things like common health problems, temperments, and any other oddities either breed has (like English bulldogs drooling/slobbering and Frenchies passing gas). Thanks in advance!
[notify]
Audrey- Hepbull

I am not dumb, I- am ignoring you.

Barked: Fri Nov 26, '10 9:55am PST 
http://www.bulldoginformation.com/english-bulldogs-right-breed.html
I don't know much about Frenchies besides the fact that they have big adorable ears. But I love this site for bulldog information.
[notify]
Baxter Michael

Barked: Sat Dec 18, '10 9:20pm PST 
FYI - My bully barks and is not calm lol. Dont make assumptions about a dog because of a list. It's the same as stereotyping people. If it were me I'ld look for good breeders of each type and visit with them.
[notify]

Rosie

Barked: Thu Mar 3, '11 5:09am PST 
I have 2 English Bull Dogs, Yes they bark and Yes they are both hard to train but they are fun, loving dogs that I would highly reccommend anyone go get. blue dog
[notify]