GO!

Help! Britt eating poo

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Haley

I'm a little- monster!!!

Barked: Tue Jul 15, '08 12:07pm PST 
I have tried just about everything to get Haley, my 17 week old Brittany to stop eating her feces. She is really sneaky about it too. I have tried putting hot sauce, i have tried Deter pills and tried to just pick it up after she goes, but there are 4 people in the house and only 2 of them are really doing it. She has also taken to now eating deer poo that is in the yard.

Any suggestions would be a big help. Thanks
[notify]
Ariel

Barked: Fri Jul 25, '08 9:25am PST 
i tried the pineapple in her food and it seamed to help some but it didnt stop completely till she grew out of it
[notify]
Penny

Penny - a real people- lover.

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '08 4:33am PST 
I tried a few things too, but then just decided picking up right away was the solution for us. Penny is 5 now and still will try to snatch a bite occasionally, but I keep a close watch on her. She seems to have grown out of it somewhat. She will still eat rabbit, squirrel, and deer poop if available. Gotta love em!blue dog
[notify]

Willie

Willie The Dog

Barked: Wed Aug 13, '08 10:00pm PST 
Our Brittany had the same problem. Our breeder told us to put canned pumpkin (NOT the spiced pie filling) but Libby's Canned Pure Pumpkin in with his food. Willie loves the pumpkin and has completely stopped being interested in eating his poop. Apparantly, the pumpkin tastes better in his bowl and makes his poop unappetizing...(thank goodness). We add a tablespoon to his food every night. Pumpkin is inexpensive, good for constipation and diarrea...and can be used in their food for as long as you want, totally safe. Hope this helps, it has worked for our breeder for years and for Willie The Dog!!!dog Oh and if you have other dogs in your house, just add a teaspoon to their food too, so their poop is unpleasant too!
[notify]
Rhody

Barked: Sun Aug 17, '08 11:39pm PST 
My cousin used to eat her poops. Then they put a few pineapple chunks in her food each meal and her poops tasted bad so she stopped eating them. It's all natural so maybe that will help you too!
[notify]
Brandy

Let me free!!

Barked: Sat Sep 6, '08 8:22am PST 
my dog started to do that recently, but she stopped a little bit later. i guess she saw me watching her, and she backed away and started to eat her dog food. lol! i guess she knew it was bad.blue doglaugh out loud
[notify]
Elvis

Barked: Tue Sep 9, '08 8:25am PST 
Hi all,
I used to do that but only when it was fresh. Now I'm a big dog and I don't really think about it.
[notify]
Sunny-D

Barked: Mon Oct 6, '08 7:01pm PST 
We are battling the same thing right now with our 5 month old and we were told to use meat tenderizer on it but it does not seem to be working. I will try the pineapple and see how that works. thanks blue dog
[notify]