GO!

How many of you have a long tail?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Tigger

Barked: Wed Jun 4, '08 9:12am PST 
Just curious.. I have a long (undocked) tail. How many others have the same?
Have you had any issues with having a long tail?

Mom and Dad have decided it's best just to keep the tip of my tail wrapped rather than get it amputated. Everytime they let me roam with it unwrapped I hurt it again. I just love to to whap it on things!
[notify]
Sadie Mae

Goof-ball

Barked: Wed Jun 4, '08 1:50pm PST 
I have just the opposite issue, the vet that docked me, left me with a teeny tiny stub. But, even though I have a little stub my humans know that I am happy to see them, because I wiggle my butt really well.
[notify]
Aibou

Big Boy

Barked: Thu Jun 5, '08 7:40pm PST 
It's illegal in many places in the world to dock now.

Most times it didn't seem to cause issues, although once or twice our boxers were upset through their life because the tail had been docked too short by the vet.

I'm strongly opposed to docking.
[notify]

Tess

Barked: Sun Jun 8, '08 6:00pm PST 
I still have my tail - when we went to the vet for vaccinations the vet wanted Mum to let them chop it off - I didn't really understand the words Mum was saying to her but we have never been back to that place. Mum loves my tail blue dog
[notify]
Louie

Louis Baby!

Barked: Mon Jun 9, '08 9:51am PST 
Louie has a docked tail! If he didn't everyone would think he is a purebred pit! He looks os much like them! But I didn't have the decision to dock Louie's tail! When I adopted him it was already docked! But it's really upon pereference!
[notify]
Miley Jo

Gotta go, gotta- go, gotta go go- go!

Barked: Mon Jun 9, '08 2:58pm PST 
I just have a little stub, but mommy says it's longer than most. My mom didn't do it either, the ones who raised me at first made that decision and I didn't even notice it! Mymom says though that Boxers with undocked tails are still just as adorable!!!
[notify]
Petra Star

We Do Not Gnaw- On Our Kitty

Barked: Mon Jun 9, '08 8:49pm PST 
We're two stubbies here. Mine healed with no problem (had responsible breeder and great vet), but my 'dopted brudder Harlan (stray rescue), has a "perma-scab" on the end of his. It just falls off, bleeds, and reforms.

Mom doesn't know why this keeps happening. It took her nearly two years to be able to rub his butt soothingly without him freaking out. Now, he's OK with it, but Mom still wonders... cry
[notify]
Hershey aka- Silky

lets play ball!

Barked: Wed Aug 6, '08 12:08pm PST 
I have my full tail, Mommy and everyone says its a weapon. People say it hurts when I whip it very fast on their legs. Mommy loves my tail when shes about to open the door she can hear it beating or the couch! When I was just a baby people used to ask if I was a boxer/pit but I look just a like a boxer!
[notify]
Bruce- Almighty

You know you- love me

Barked: Sat Aug 9, '08 1:02pm PST 
Bruce has his long tail...he knocks stuff over sometimes, and it hurts a lot when he whacks you with it, but it's so much a part of his personality I can't imagine him not having it.
[notify]
Buster

the "man"

Barked: Sun Aug 10, '08 4:00am PST 
Buster has his beautiful long white tail - I couldn't imagine him without it!! My husband wishes it was docked so he could look like a "real boxer", but I think he looks stunning just the way he is!!!blue dog
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2