GO!

Help!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sat Oct 13, '12 6:27pm PST 
I have a beautiful 18 month mini aussie and he is awesome! I've never got his coat cut. He recently was running around in our backyard after it had rained and got this sticky plant stuck in his fur. He frequently runs and sort of "dives" into the grass and does flips, and to top it off, it had just rained. These sticky plants got extremely tangled near his chest. These had happened before and required near an hours of brushing and had some minor fur cut as well, but this time it is more. Will it grow back just fine? Thanks!
[notify]

Barked: Sat Oct 13, '12 6:51pm PST 
By the way, the trim was fairly substantial, its noticeable to me and I'm sure to others if I pointed it out. I have pictured if needed! Thanks so much.
[notify]
Bella &- Cougar

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 8:27pm PST 
I'm no Aussie pro in the slightest, but In my personal experience, it has grown back fine when I've had Cougar cut. And once it was SUPER, SUPER short bc he was badly matted when I adopted him. The choice was to put him through pain and misery to remove the mats... Or just cut it and see how it grew back! So far, so good. I would avoid more than a trim in the future, though. I would live to hear about the experience of other's..
[notify]

Rylee

Want to play,- want to run,- want to play?

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 2:46pm PST 
It will grow back fine and normal. I shaved my Aussie and her hair grew back within a few months and is fluffy and smooth just like before. I used to work at a dog salon and many people were afraid of it not growing back. But it will grow back, no worries.
[notify]