GO!

City/metropolitan aussies, help.

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sat Jul 28, '12 10:23am PST 
How do you keep your Aussies from getting bored?

Edited by author Mon Jul 30, '12 7:48am PST

[notify]
Cohen CD RE- ADC SGDC- FDCh CGN

The Monster

Barked: Tue Jul 31, '12 10:15am PST 
Mondays I take Cohen out to my training facility to observe/demo.

Tuesdays are our agility nights.

Wednesdays we try to do a 1hr walk after work.

Thursdays are our flyball nights.

Fridays are another long walk after work.

Saturdays Cohen just bums around with me and goes where I go.

Sundays are normally a competition, or prep for a competition.

Weekdays during the day Cohen gets out in the yard to chase a flirt pole or play tug a few times a day when she gets antsy. Someone will normally come home at lunch to give her a pee break and a bit of attention.

... Not everyone is as nuts as I am. But basically Cohen is now at an age where she's happy with an hour or two of direct interaction each day - she used to need 3-4+ when she was younger. Now between activities Cohen is fairly happy just to laze about with us.

Other ideas: hire a dog walker or neighbourhood kid to help out. Daycare. Feed meals in an interactive dog toy like a treat ball. Feed raw meals frozen. Give bully sticks or bones to keep a dog occupied. Teach new tricks or polish up old ones.
[notify]