GO!

akita puppy please help,,,,,,,,,,,

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Simba

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 6:54pm PST 
Hi friends I am new to this website and forum so big Hello to everyone, recently me and my partner got an Akita puppy from one of the friend, we know the pup's mum as we have seen it and saw the pics for dad

My question here is out of curiosity and also as the pup looks different to akita I wanted to know if some can tell if he is an akita? the pic in profile is him

Edited by author Thu Mar 7, '13 7:37pm PST

[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Mar 8, '13 6:39am PST 
welcome Simba and person. He does look like an Akita puppy just not show quality.Although he could also be an Akita/GSD cross. The ears being so firmly up at such an early age is odd in Akita's but can happen. In either case he is very cute!!! The question is do you love him? Are you happy with him in either case pure bred or cross? Are you prepared for what you are getting yourselves into? I can tell you from experience Akita's are not for everyone and require alot of extra socialization and patience,the first two years or so can be quite difficult but raised and trained properly the results are well worth the time and effort you put in. I started 17 years ago with an Akita/GSD mix,that had the looks of both but the traits and personality were 100% Akita,now I can't imagine life without an Akita in it.wishes
[notify]
Simba

Barked: Fri Mar 8, '13 6:55am PST 
Thanks for the reply and yes me and my family are prepared for him as previously we had a GSD and he was brilliant, and to be frank I do not mind him being either as he is a lovely and intelligent dog, he is already potty trained, and does his business on litter pads.

here are few more pics
http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s620/simbaakita/IMG_05721_zpsc dc2630b.jpg

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s620/simbaakita/I MG_05901_zps2c59407b.jpg

please copy paste the link to view the pics

I have seen Akita pups at 3 months which he will be in 2 weeks with firm erect ears
can this be husky mix by any chance

Thanks

Edited by author Fri Mar 8, '13 6:57am PST

[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Mar 8, '13 6:42pm PST 
I'm sorry I misunderstood at 3 months his ears would be fully erect. I don't see any Husky there. I see Akita or as I said a possible GSD cross but not Husky. I wish I hadn't taken down my pups individual pages because Akitas as puppies look different than they do as adults they tend to appear much thinner and more Husky like in build until around age 2 or so because they do their final filling out between the ages of two and three. Husky's are alltogether a much smaller breed than Akitas. Also,is Simba a Japanese or American Akita? The Japanese variety tend to be a bit smaller and a bit more slight in build than the American type Akita. That could also account for some of what you think may be husky. I'm glad you're prepared for him and love him either way,they are very intelligent dogs and all of mine were incredibly easy to potty train it took two weeks or less with every one and was actually quicker than that that they got the idea,it just took that long to learn to hold it from the second floor to the backyard for a very young puppy. We were also blessed that Kai never,ever,marked inside and never lifted his leg outside until he was nearly 2 and Mika had shown him how. she was a suprize,she was the first female I had ever had that marked and until Kai we had never before owned a male dog.hugwishes We are sending a pal request as well for Simba.
[notify]
Koga

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 10:30am PST 
He looks like an Akita w/longer than usual ears... as someone else said, just not "show quality" (who cares if it's a companion?) VERY Cute! smile
[notify]