GO!

Busy toys for when I am not around to play

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Nyota

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 12:00pm PST 
What kind of toys are going to keep this akita busy? Not really interested in ball. Loves the towel out of her doghouse . . . drags it all over the yard and 'kills' it over and over again. Not interested in chew toys. Squeaky toys occasionally get her attention for a few minutes, but then she moves on. She usually moves on to chew on something that doesn't belong to her like my outdoor furniture, or to get in the flowerbeds or try to dig holes or dig up plants. I try to get out and exercise her each day or walk her if we don't have to go to vets office or something, but I want her to be able to entertain herself while I am not available. Any suggestions for something an akita won't destroy in less than a day? She is only 3.5 months old so she is still learning to play the right way after being rough and tumble with the breeders for the last 3 months. They were going to keep her so the husband would play rough with her and tug of war, which is not going over too well with me at this point because it has caused some aggression issues that I am working on presently. She is crated while I am at work and is with me most of the day, but when I sleep in the afternoon since I work night shift she is in fenced yard. Please give suggestions for play area for Nyota.
[notify]
Leah

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 2:19pm PST 
Leah enjoys a variety of toys, and old clothes. She knows they are her's when they are on the floor. I bought her a " Jolly" ball that she plays with outside all by herself many times. Very durable for large aggressive chewers. Kong balls other wise. Cheap inexpensive toys for a few days of something different. Good luck.
[notify]