GO!

Yorkie or Silky?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 6:59am PST 
If you "Yorkie" is over 7lbs it IS a silky. It may be mixed with a Yorkie but does have SILKY in it. They are basically the same except silky have a bit longer body and snout....its not always easy to tell the difference but a Yorkie is under 7lbs.....you can argue the fact all you want but it's the truth! heres a good link....http://tessier-silky-terriers.com/?page_id=33
[notify]

Barked: Tue Oct 16, '12 7:07am PST 
for got to add.....I bought a Yorkie from a "reputable" Breeder and she turned out to be a mix of Yorkie and Silky...She's beautiful and everyone just thinks she's a Yorkie...She weights usually around 8 lbs. Our obedience trainer told us this (confirmed by our vet) so I did alot of research and all knowledgeable sites stated that a Yorkie has to be 7lbs or under anything over is a Silky or Silky/Yorkie mix. I went back to the Breeder and she insisted Maggie was a pure Yorkie....she promised me she would look into it and she did come back and tell me one of the great grandparents of her Dam ended up being a Silky. I could care less really that she's not 100 % Yorkie.....She's an amazing dog and I wouldn't trade her for anything!
[notify]
Frodo

Barked: Tue Sep 3, '13 7:57pm PST 
A few things are different most of the time. Silkys tend to have wavy coats, longer muzzles, and longer bodies. I think Frodo is half Yorkie half Silky. He was rescued from a Yorkie puppy mill in Missouri.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2