GO!

wire or rough coat jack russell terrier?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Tucker

chase me! you- cant catch me!

Barked: Sun Mar 23, '08 7:18am PST 
My owner and I went to the dog park today and she kept getting comments that I look like a jack russell. She went home and did some research and found that I do look exactly like a few rough coated jack russells. Im a bit bigger then a jrt (20lbs and a bit more height) so my owner just assumed that I was a wire hair fox terrier.

could anyone help her out? what am I?

(when I adopted tucker from the humaine society, they had tucker listed as a welsh terrier.
he has the markings of a jrt but a curly coat. any help would be great.)

Thanks!
tucker and marie
[notify]
Cap

If it squeaks,- it's mine!

Barked: Tue May 13, '08 11:05am PST 
I say you certainly look like a wire fox terrier. With your haircoat, you could be groomed like one and do just fine. Jack Russells are great dogs, too, and they have a wide range of coats from short and smooth to wiry and long. I guess you could call yourself whichever breed you most resemble, but we would be proud to have you join our WFT group. The more, the merrier!
[notify]