GO!

why is my dog pooping????

This is the place to let your fur down! This forum is for games, sharing fun stories, and just having a good time with your fellow Dogsters!

Peanut

if you can't eat- it, its not- worth it.

Barked: Fri Jul 11, '08 11:20am PST 
OMG!! i looked out the window, and some brown stufff was coming out peanuts butt! why the heck is peanut pooping? my doggie book said that one of the great things about dogs is they dont poop. please answer, im very distressed about this.frown
[notify]
Zeppelin J.- Dogg, ESQ

My Genetic Color- Code is e/e,- b/b.

Barked: Fri Jul 11, '08 11:28am PST 
ROFL. he must not be Pure Bread. either that, or it's because he's a child, and not an adult.

you better watch out though. the next thing you know, he's going to start drooling and shedding.

is he well socialized with poultry and air? if not, you better get on that train with a quickness.
[notify]
Maya

Excited to have- a twolegger- sibling!!!

Barked: Fri Jul 11, '08 11:30am PST 
BOLbig laugh
[notify]

Madison Marjorie

Serenity Now

Barked: Fri Jul 11, '08 11:39am PST 
That should not be happening. You should rush to the emergency vet! Don't forget to soialize with water too.
[notify]
Dori

I'll have what- you're having!

Barked: Fri Jul 11, '08 11:52am PST 
Hi Peanut,

I took one look at the thread title, and my first thought was, "Well, someone forgot to explain to you that what goes in must come out!"

I know we're all having a bit of a laugh, but I'm going to play devil's advocate for a minute here (bear with me), and guess that as Peanut is new to Dogster, he isn't joking and really did think that dogs don't poop. First things first, throw that book out the window if it really said dogs don't poop. Anyone who tells you dogs don't poop is completely crazy. Like all animals (people too), dogs need to consume food for energy and nutrition. Not everything gets used, and there are waste products that must be expelled from the body, so voila! we get poo.

The good news is that dogs can be potty trained (aka housebroken) so that poo does not end up all over the house. There are tons of threads in the behavior forum on how to accomplish this. The other good news is that by feeding a quality diet (whether kibble, home-cooked or raw; there are threads on all of these) you can reduce the volume of poo.

Take heart, dear Peanut, and know that when it comes to poo, EVERYONE does it!

Edited by author Fri Jul 11, '08 12:03pm PST

[notify]
Baloo RN CGN

Dog of all- trades

Barked: Fri Jul 11, '08 11:55am PST 
A book recommendation for you...

http://www.amazon.ca/Everyone-Poops-Taro-Gomi/dp/192913214 X

laugh out loud

Edited by author Fri Jul 11, '08 11:55am PST

[notify]
Zeppelin J.- Dogg, ESQ

My Genetic Color- Code is e/e,- b/b.

Barked: Mon Jul 14, '08 9:15am PST 
wait a second. was the poster SERIOUS?

if so...a thousand pardons dood. and also...thinking

i'm just going to leave now, bol.
[notify]
Blue Marlue

So the frog fell- in love with the- parrot

Barked: Mon Jul 14, '08 10:17am PST 
I doubt Peanut is serious. And if he is then this was the wrong spot to post it. I mean it is in the Who's Feeling Silly forum.
[notify]
Dori

I'll have what- you're having!

Barked: Mon Jul 14, '08 11:20am PST 
It started out in the nutrition forum, I thought. I'm so confused! shrug
[notify]
Baby

Half Dog- All Cuteness

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '08 8:44am PST 
Dogs poop because everyone poops!
BOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOL BOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOLBOL!
SORRY, IT'S JUST A FUNNY QUESTION! laugh out loud
[notify]