GO!

Favorite dog show game: Litter themes!

This is the place to let your fur down! This forum is for games, sharing fun stories, and just having a good time with your fellow Dogsters!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Summer

Get off my- chair, and where- is my crown?

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 8:05am PST 
We love to do this on long rides home - and maybe you can play with us!

When we've been waiting a long long time to have a litter of puppies, sometimes years and years - we spend a lot of time coming up with the PERFECT names for them - and most people like all the puppies in a little to have names that have a "theme"......either they share a common word - or they are all related to one subject.

SO later when they are out showing and doing big winning....cheer people look at the catalog and say "oh that one's from that XXXX litter".

For example:

My current babies have a litter theme of "red". Largely because they are Irish Setters, but also because the theme was common in the very early years of showing - but hasn't been used in a really long time!

Now people say "Oh that doggie's from Summer's Red litter!"

They are: (all with the kennel name of Shadagee in front)

Caught-Red Handed (Emily)
Red Delicious (Apple)
Red Reflection of Kerry-Eire (Jonas, Gram's kennel name in there)
Over my Red Body - (Kelly)
Red Letter Day (Irish)
Paint the town Red (Ceara)
Red Lingerie (Scarlet)
Wanted Red or alive (Molly)
One Red Scent (Emmit)
Red Headed Gallagher (Clare, her mom's weird)

What would you pick for a theme? And what names can you think of?

Have Fun!

Summer, on a great summer's day!
[notify]
Zoey

Better than I- was

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 8:19am PST 
over my Red Body, BOLlaugh out loud
[notify]
Zak (7/20/01- - 5/15/13)

Ready for the- clubhouse!

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 8:56am PST 
WOW! You sure came up with an incredible amount of names with that theme.

Ok...SUMMER

Dog Days (of Summer) aka Dazee
Summertime Easy (and the living is)
Summer Up
Sum R Best
[notify]

Summer

Get off my- chair, and where- is my crown?

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 11:18am PST 
HA! Made ya laugh Zoey!

Zac, see, you're getting it! You can come up with TONS - and then the hard part is actually picking which ones to use if you ever actually HAVE puppies! My red list started in 1999 - and it was PAGES long.

I'm gonna make Zoey laugh some more. My litter's theme was UP. The breeder told all us puppy buyers we could make up our own names as long as the kennel name was "Jewelset" and it included the word UP. Now Mom & Dad have known this lady forever and they can say stuff you couldn't say to other people - so they spent a whole drive back and forth from Connecticut coming up with a list of "UP" names that were.....ummmmmm.. not so nice! It was longer than the serious list!

You know:
Shut Up
Up Y**RS
F***** Up......etc etc etc - Oh My doG by the time Mom & Dad got done they had tears streaming down their faces. They sent it to her and she told them they were a bunch of SmartA***s. This all before I was ever born!

I ended up being Ch. Jewelset Sunnyside Up. I was going to be called Sunny - but another lady used that call name, so I became Summer. My Sister is "Up, Up and Away", and she's called Windy - and a brother is "Kick it up a Notch" (Emeril) There's an "Up to no good" (Reilly) "Up and at 'em" (Rory)

Wanna help mama with one? She really wants to do a Van Halen litter......BOY will that raise some eyebrows!
[notify]
Zoey

Better than I- was

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 11:51am PST 
When my She lived in AZ, she owned part of a horse, and the stable name, was Fantasy Farms, the unstable stable, BOL
[notify]
Zak (7/20/01- - 5/15/13)

Barked: Sat Jun 21, '08 3:34pm PST 
Hmmmm. My horse's official name is Stagger Lee. I think that is a bit odd for a gaited horse. laugh out loud
[notify]
JerryLee

Lord of the- manor,master of- the woods.

Barked: Sun Jun 22, '08 8:09am PST 
More hummm-ing...Stagger Lee, JerryLee...interesting! Zak, horse names are a mystery. My horse is named Tequila Slim...he's a big, fat butted quarter horse...go figure! shrug
[notify]
Sophie

Did someone say - SQUIRREL???

Barked: Sun Jun 22, '08 9:25am PST 
laugh out loud

Mom had a horse that came with the name Champagne Beach. shrug

Summer theme, huh? thinking

Summer Breeze
Summer Vacation
Summer Better (some are better)laugh out loud
Summer Fun
Summer Moon
Summer Hummer
Summer Sunshine Girl

This is kind of funsnoopy
[notify]
Zak (7/20/01- - 5/15/13)

Barked: Sun Jun 22, '08 12:49pm PST 
Summer Dumber silenced
[notify]
JerryLee

Lord of the- manor,master of- the woods.

Barked: Sun Jun 22, '08 1:26pm PST 
Kinda confused on how to use the Van Halen name. thinking

Would it be something like: Van Halen's Red-headed Summer Romance?? Or...Van Halen's Redneck Cousin Earl??

Sumbuddy throw me a bone!! thinking
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2