GO!

Is my dog a Whippet mix?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 11:55pm PST 
Hi All,
My name is Valerie, I am from Indiana, and this is my first post. I adopted my dog Abbey Rose, from a rescue about 5 years ago. They called her a Whippet mix. She has had her tail docked unfortunately, not sure why unless the breed she was mixed with has docked tails.
She is a beautiful brindle, and weighed about 33lbs when I adopted her. She now weighs about 50 lbs or so. I am disabled, so she does not get the exercise she needs to stay lean, and I'm sure I have overfed her. She seemed too thin when I first got her, but now I know that she was supposed to look like that.
Anyway, as soon as I figure out how, i will post some photos of her to see if anyone knows what breed she is mixed with.
Thanks, and I look forward to chatting with you all!dog walk
[notify]

Barked: Mon Aug 26, '13 7:39am PST 
My dog is a Whippet/Collie mix and she weighed 19 pounds when we rescued her. Now, she's almost at 40 and has been living with us for 5 1/2 years. We're from Louisville and we've been noticing that Whippet mixes are really catching on around here.
[notify]