GO!

Goodbye Sweet Katy

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

Katy

You can never- have too many- cookies.

Barked: Tue Jul 9, '13 4:17pm PST 
My sweet Katy was put to sleep yesterday and I am heartbroken. She was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure last September after taking her to several vets, we ended up seeing a Cardiologist and she was responding well to all the medications. Last week she had a routine appointment just to check on her and that morning she had her first cough. The doctor prescribed Sildenafil to go along with the other medications. We received the medication in the mail on Saturday afternoon and she received her first dose. Sunday morning I noticed that her breathing was very stressed so I took her in to the emergency clinic were the Cardiologist practices. I assumed it was just her medications needing to be adjusted. The doctor on call decided to keep her overnight. Katy was placed on oxygen and was diagnosed with pneumonia. Yesterday morning I received a call from the Cardiologist that Katy had gotten worse overnight and that she did not see Katy pulling through. She was very compassionate and advised that I should come say my goodbyes. I held Katy and she stopped breathing. I feel so awful because I left her overnight at the hospital. I know she must have been so scared and I can't get that thought out of my head. I know she needed to stay overnight but I am terrified that she felt abandoned. To make matters worse, my husband is deployed and I feel so alone with this. I miss her so much but I am devastated right now. She was such a sweet, kind friend. I miss her dearly.

Edited by author Tue Jul 9, '13 4:19pm PST

[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Tue Jul 9, '13 5:49pm PST 
I'm so sorry you lost your friend. Don't beat yourself up. You gave her a great home and took very good care of her. Sometimes their time comes fast and there really isn't anything you can do about it. A lot of us know exactly what your going through. Just keep your chin up and know that Katy had a great home. hughughug
[notify]
Katy

Barked: Wed Jul 10, '13 4:53am PST 
Thank you for your kind words... they truly are appreciated. I know it will get easier but for now I just feel empty without Katy. Looking at old photos or videos of her acting silly helps tremendously. I am so glad that I have those to look back on.
[notify]

Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Wed Jul 10, '13 6:58am PST 
I am so sorry you lost Katy. hughughug I just had my precious Annie put to sleep a week ago Sunday. It feels like there is a big hole in my heart. I know exactly what you are going through. All my Dogster pals are helping me get through this. little angel
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Wed Jul 10, '13 9:58am PST 
Rest in Peace Sweet Katy little angel Katy knew nothing but love, I'm so sorry for you loss. cry
[notify]
Katy

Barked: Wed Jul 10, '13 2:50pm PST 
Thanks for your posts... today was a little better but I still have my breakdown moments. I received a nice letter from the vet today that all of the staff signed and expressed how sweet Katy was. Of course the waterworks came on full force but it is nice to know others were touched by her as well. The vet also called to check on me and told me that they have already been able to use some of the medications that I donated to them. It is nice to know that others are being helped. The vet said she informed the family that the meds were donated by a family of a brave, sweet dog.
[notify]
Snowberrys- Shinning- Star HIC S

I'm a little- shit- disturber!!!

Barked: Thu Jul 11, '13 2:33pm PST 
Rest in Peace sweet Katy. hughughug You've got the most sweetest little face that I've ever seen.
[notify]