GO!

Hugh & Stella.

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 3:35pm PST 
May 8th is a day that I will never forget, it is the day that changed my life forever.
I was off from work that day and normally would have been home with my two MN Schnauzers Hugh & Stella. However this day I had offered to volunteer for the Susan B. Komen breast cancer walk.
I opened up a window for my furry babies and kissed them goodbye & left the house. That was the last time I saw them. Someone broke into my house and brutally murdered my Hugh & Stella, the scum did not take anything but about $150 worth of quarters. These he ended up leaving at another house that he broke into that day killing their little dog also.

My husband came home about an 1 1/2 after I had left and found Hugh & Stella and called the police. My daughter & son in law came and got me and our nightmare began.
They did catch the scumbag and he is in the county jail as of now, I am so afraid that he will get off. I want him to pay dearly but he will not.The laws are just not strong enough for people like him.
My life since that day has been in turmoil, I can not come to grips that this happened to my babies. I am having anxiety issues when I never had them before. I am seeing a therapist for the first time in my life, I am on antidepressant meds. He has ruined me.
I do not like the person that I am right now.
My babies are at the U of Mn until the police release their bodies so there is no closure there. They had to have autopsies done for the case against this scum bag.
I am numb and miss them both so much.
My poor little babies to have ended their lives in such a cruel way.
[notify]
Lexy

Lexyroo

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 4:32pm PST 
What a terrible thing to happen to your dogs and family. I am so sorry for your loss. This man should never be free. He obviously enjoys torturing other living beings and I'm sure he either has, or will, do the same to a human being. May Hugh and Stella find peace waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.rainbow hug
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 6:32pm PST 
What a terrible thing to happen. hughughughughughughughughughughughug Don't give up hope on the punishment.
Please read the below news article I saw today.

Leonardo Turull, 22, was found guilty in a string of College… (OCJ/OPD, OCJ/OPD )
May 31, 2013|By Desiree Stennett, Orlando Sentinel

Man who killed dog in College Park burglary spree gets 7 years in prison

The man who killed a dog during a string of home burglaries on King Street in College Park was sentenced Thursday to seven years in prison for the crime, police say.

On Jan. 23, Leonardo Turull broke into three homes in the 200 block of King in the College Park neighborhood, his arrest report says.

A distinct imprint of a DC brand skateboard-style shoe was left behind in the a pool of blood from Wilson, the 2-year-old boxer that Turull stabbed to death, the report said.

The same shoe print was found at another King Street home the night of the burglary, and shoes with matching prints were found inside Turull's home when the 22-year-old man was arrested on a warrant weeks after the burglaries.

Forensic testing found traces of the animal's blood on Turull's shoes.

Another man, 18-year-old David Morales, was arrested on charges of resisting an officer in connection with events that occurred while the warrant was executed. The charges against Morales were later dropped.

Turull pleaded no contest to animal cruelty and burglary charges and was adjudicated guilty. According to his arrest report, Turull made off with nearly $9,000 in property from the three homes.

In one home, Turull grabbed several pieces of jewelry, including a pair of gold hoop earrings and a sterling silver cross from Tiffany & Co., and at another home he got a flat-screen television worth about $600.

It was in Wilson's home, however, that Turull grabbed the most loot — items valued about $7,000.

From that home, Turull took a surfboard valued about $650 and several electronics, including four flat-screen televisions, an Apple iPad, laptops, digital cameras, an Xbox 360, a Sony Playstation 3 and two Nintendo Wii gaming systems.

The surfboard was found along with a knife inside Turull's home when his place was searched February.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jun 4, '13 6:55pm PST 
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.
We have a contested omnibus this Thursday that we are thinking his lawyer will try to contest something.
Pray for justice for my furry babies please.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Jun 4, '13 7:22pm PST 
hughughughughughughughug and wishes to you on getting some justice for what was done to your poor pups. Our prayers will be with you as well for your own recovery from the trauma you have suffered. Take Care of yourself,take time to grieve and heal. I wish there was more that I could offer to comfort you but know that each of us no matter what the terms of the loss must resolve it and get through it in our own way and in our own time. That does not mean that you need suffer alone. There are many here who will listen and share what kindness and insight they can to help you through the loss of your furbabies. Hugs and be gentle with yourself.
[notify]
Misha- (R.I.P.- 4/29/13)

Play or hide?! I- dunno... @_@

Barked: Tue Jun 4, '13 8:02pm PST 
I cannot imagine a more horrific or traumatizing way to lose you beloved babies. I'm so so sorry you have to go through this, and work through that kind of overwhelming pain. frown If you ever need to talk or vent you have support here...

Don't expect too much from yourself for a while. Take it as easy as you can to help keep the anxiety down while you work with your therapist.

I hope he's put away for a long time. Someone who kills like that is probably mentally ill or a damaged addict, and is unsafe to be around people.
[notify]
S

In Loving Memory

Barked: Fri Jun 7, '13 5:08pm PST 
hughughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Bristol

Barked: Wed Jun 12, '13 12:06pm PST 
What a horrendous and traumatizing way to lose your babies. frown I am so sorry that this happened to you. My heart goes out to you hug
[notify]
Tyson

Two-Time Cancer- Survivor!

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 8:35am PST 
I am so, so sorry for the pain that piece of crap has caused for you and your family. I know you must be struggling with all typed of feelings and emotions and trying to make sense of it all. Probably playing the "if only" game. Don't! Don't let some POS take away the joy and happiness Hugh and Stella brought to your life and what they brought to yours. I wish I could take away just a little bit of pain from your heart. Please keep us updated on the case.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Jun 16, '13 2:41pm PST 
You have no idea how much I appreciate your encouragement and kind words.
The Judge thank god did not lessen his bail on Thursday although they tried, they even tried to say that his and his girlfriends rights were violated when the police would not let them in their house whilst waiting for the search warrant!!!
What about my right's? Hugh & Stella's and the other poor little dog Winter that he killed that day.
We find out tomorrow I believe what happens next. Please pray for justice for my babies.
We do have a FB page if anyone is interested " Hugh, Stella & Winter, against animal cruelty. Thank you everyone ~ hug
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2