GO!

Cremation ashes, 1 year later

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Gamma

Waitin' at the- Rainbow Bridge

Barked: Sun Aug 25, '13 2:00pm PST 
I didn't get Gammas body back and it has always upset me that I was denied that. I feel like I would have kept his ashes instead of scattering or burying them. I still have his tags though and I keep them on my keychain and his collar and favorite ball in a drawer in the living room. I feel like maybe its time to let him go and bury his collar and ball but I wouldn't even know where to bury them.
[notify]
Lucky- (R.I.P)

We were lucky- with you, baby- girl.

Barked: Mon Aug 26, '13 8:25am PST 
I agree with everyone here, there is no right or wrong way to grieve. Next month it will have been 3 years since Lucky passed, and we still have the box with her ashes in them that sits on the mantle over the fireplace. Next to it sits a picture of her while she was in her prime, and her collar rests on top of the box. Maybe in time we'll bury them, but for now it comforts me to know in some way my protector is still close by and to look and see the dog I remember so clearly in that picture and I used to sit and hold her collar frequently, but I haven't touched it in a year.
[notify]
Bridger

Scratch my butt- mom scratch my- butt!!

Barked: Mon Aug 26, '13 4:46pm PST 
I scattered Dino and Angus' ashes up in our favorite camping place. It was their favorite too. Then we threw 1 ball each into the stream that they loved to play in up there. It was closure for me.
[notify]

Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Tue Aug 27, '13 5:42pm PST 
I buried our Golden's ashes under a crabapple tree in our yard. He sat on our table for about 6 months before I did that. I didn't have Jax cremated. I couldn't bring myself to do it. So, we buried her under the Mulberry tree in our yard. I did plant a pretty bush next to her and put a big rock on her grave to mark her spot.
[notify]
Maggie (I'm- Moms Angel- Now)

Punish the DEED- NOT The Breed!!!

Barked: Tue Aug 27, '13 8:41pm PST 
In October it will be a year since Maggie passed away. I still have her ashes and now and then I take her urn outside and talk to her about the day. I know she would love our new home. I keep planning on taking a small amount of her ashes up to the very first place we went with her after we brought her to live with us. I miss my girl every day but each day the pain eases.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2