GO!

My little guy died last night

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

Barked: Thu Apr 18, '13 5:36am PST 
Anikan was my boyfriend and I's first dog. He was my first dog in general, my little baby. Ani was a wired hair terrier mixed, a handsome little guy with quite the personality. He was quite stubbornbut always loving. Always there for you, protecting you, loving you.

Last night my boyfriend had him in his car when he got in a car accident on the freeway. He had been drinking. The accident isn't what killed him but the moments after. My bf called me right after the accident and asked if I can go help him. So he tells me he will walk off the freeway with ani and wait at a nearby gas station. When I finally get there the cops have him. Now I knew that they had to show up eventually, but to my horror my dog isn't with them. One of the police officers pulls me to the side to tell me that as they stoped and told my bf to put his arms up ani fell out of his arms and ran straight for the freeway. I didn't need to know anything else my heart had stopped. I can't sleep right now cause I'm so emotinal, its the middle of the night and there's no one to talk to. My baby my little old man, anikan is dead. The police found his body only 1/2 mile away.
I'm lying in bed right now and I see some of his fur on my pillow. This whole house is filled with him. I just don't know what to do.
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 5:57am PST 
I am so so sorry. How heart breaking. I won't even go there with hopefully your ex boyfriend, drinking and driving. Losing my first dog was really hard. I am so sorry for your loss hughughughughug
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 3:58am PST 
I'm so sorry you lost your friend...............hughughughug
[notify]

Bristol

Barked: Wed May 1, '13 9:35am PST 
I am so sorry this happened to your dog. My condolences hug
[notify]
Gamma

Waitin' at the- Rainbow Bridge

Barked: Thu May 9, '13 9:11pm PST 
oh my, I am so sorry, Its hard to lose one so unexpectedly. Dogspeed Ani. You'll see him once again at the Rainbow Bridge. until then I've been doing this ceremony since I lost mine. I found some comfort in it. I'll add little Ani to my prayers. http://www.mondaycandleceremony.com/
[notify]