GO!

Bye bye my buddy boy

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

Gamma

Waitin' at the- Rainbow Bridge

Barked: Fri Apr 12, '13 3:49pm PST 
Even though he was with me for just over a year I still can't believe my boy is gone. Picked up off the street after getting out and put to sleep at the local shelter for "fear and slight aggression" before they even called me. I'm sorry Buddy. I shouldn't have let you down. I'll see your smile again someday.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Fri Apr 12, '13 6:16pm PST 
Your dog was picked up, taken to the shelter, and immediately PTS? I would be raising hell. Was he wearing ID or microchipped? Are Pits not legal where you live? I would be beyond livid if that happened to my dog. Absolutely unacceptable. For the sake of others who may end up in the same situation, I would be investigating and reporting this.

So sorry for the loss of your boy. What a sad way for a young, loved dog to leave the world rainbow
[notify]
Capone

Noms for the- pug...

Barked: Sat Apr 13, '13 11:57am PST 
I am so very sorry for you loss. What a horrible experience. Good luck to you in whatever you decide to do from here. I know if it was my dog, I would be raising heck.
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Apr 13, '13 1:44pm PST 
So sorry for your loss. I worry about something like that happening with my pups here constantly. Pitbulls here are given a chance and all strays have a 3-day hold but with Akitas once the 3 day hold is up they are euthanized period as unadoptable. Our shelter does not notify even if there is I.D. or a chip. I would certainly lodge a complaint that they didn't give Gamma any stray hold before euthanizing him,that is absurd and rediculous.hugwishes to you.
[notify]
Gamma

Waitin' at the- Rainbow Bridge

Barked: Sat Apr 13, '13 5:22pm PST 
I was told that he was deemed "dangerous to the public" after snapping at a animal control officer. and ive seen the way they handle the dogs in their care, i would have snapped too. pit bulls are legal, but frowned upon. a lab or poodle in the same situation would have been given the 3 day stray holding but a pit? oh no heaven forbid it gets back to its owner and home to play with the next door kids and pack-mates. yes, he had on his tags and i was notified after the fact that he was found and then "humanely put down for his fear and aggression" and the woman said "in my opinion he wouldnt have been a good pet anyway, i would always be watching my back" like they knew anything about him goofy? yes, dumb? maybe a little, mean? only when his pack was threatened and never to me or anyone he knew. I got his tags back, but not his body. no they probably just threw him away. I've tried to raise hell, ive learned im not the first its happened to and lost the battle. honestly its not worth the fight, i cant get him back so its no use.
[notify]
Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 10:18am PST 
I'm sorry for your loss.

I was checking out Gamma's dogster page and you said he did a service for you. You have the right to raise all types of living hell with that shelter. If they didn't follow the law I'd raise my voice as loud as possible. It's unfair what they did to your baby. I'm sure he was a sweet thing.

I'm sorry again for your loss.

good luck. wishes
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 2:07pm PST 
I'm sorry for your loss.
Once the shock wears off a bit, please pursue this.
Go to the proper authorities, the media, small claims court, etc.

Your action now may save another owner the heartache you have gone through.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 5:35am PST 
I'm sorry it took me so long to get back here. Deemed "dangerous" or not Gamma should have been held for the 3 days,then you could have had a hearing to prove or disprove that claim. ANY dog can snap out of fear. I would certainly go to the media with this and get your side of the story told. This should not have happened to you and perhaps getting your story out there will get someone else's dog that hold and hearing you were denied. I know you are hurting terribly but please don't let this story go untold. It won't bring Gamma back but it may save someone else from this grief down the road and you can do it as a way of honoring Gamma and his memory which may help ease your grief as well.hugwishes
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Thu Apr 18, '13 9:19am PST 
RIP Gamma, so sorry for your loss cry Imagine that another human error... no wonder I love my dogs more... cry
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Sat Apr 20, '13 6:18pm PST 
So saddened to hear....dogspeed sweet boy...xoxoxohug
[notify]