GO!

Unexpected Goodbye...

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Violet

Patience...it's- what I've got.

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 3:20pm PST 
My wife's doberman, Java, very unexpectedly passed away today. We were going about life as normal, fed them, had them out just to potty and put them in their crates before we left to go out, and when we came back he was gone cry I think we're both in shell shock about it...

We had no warning, it was presumably GDV (bloat) as there was nothing else wrong and he had recently eaten. We were always careful to feed elevated, crate after a meal as to not allow vigorous exercise...it's a very sad time for us here. Never take a day for granted as you don't know when the last day is going to be...GDV is a scary thing, make sure you're aware of all the precautions to have in place. frown
[notify]
Jasper

Whut?

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 4:16pm PST 
hughughughughug

We went thru a scare with Jasper several years ago. We had just returned from Montana...I fed the dogs and we cozied in for the evening. I the noticed Jasper pacing and looking like he couldn't sit or lay down. I said to hubby, "call the vet...somethings wrong."

When we got to the emergency vet...I told her I thought he might be bloating. She said, "No, I don't think so...but we'll x-ray to be safe." She came in and said, "we need to do emergency surgery NOW. He is in full torshan (sp?)

I watched the surgery...pretty incredible. I felt better when I saw his intestines were still nice and pink. Vet said we caught it so early he wasn't looking bloated. Very scary stuff. Happens so fast.

She said she has seen bloat in almost every breed...no one really knows how to prevent it...just guessing with the "recommended pre-cautions" ...and even though deep chested breeds are more prone to it...any dog can get bloat.

My heart hurts for you hughughughughug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 5:53pm PST 
We are so very sorry for your loss. hughughughughughughughugto you both.
little angelrainbow"Fly Free Java"rainbowlittle angel

We will have all of you in our thoughts and hug our pups a little tighter tonight and every night thinking of how precious each day with them truly is.
[notify]

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 8:19pm PST 
I'm so sorry to hear that. He was such a handsome boy, and I know he meant so much to both of you (followed her blog a bit) hughughug
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sun Mar 10, '13 10:15am PST 
shock So sad! RIP Java little angel hug's to you and your family...
[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Sun Mar 10, '13 1:07pm PST 
So sorry to hear of your loss..cry

Godspeed to you Java...

Thoughts & Prayers
Thor...rainbow
[notify]
Violet

Patience...it's- what I've got.

Barked: Sun Mar 10, '13 1:53pm PST 
Thanks everyone for your thoughts,

He did mean a lot to both of us. Its really shocking that he's gone. The house really feels empty with just us an Violet. Violet is really taking it hard too, she's sticking close and really acting oddly, its sad because she doesn't understand.
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sun Mar 10, '13 6:39pm PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss. Fly free, Java. little angel
[notify]
Maxamillion- "Max" RIP

Alice...I'll- always love you!

Barked: Sun Mar 10, '13 8:22pm PST 
So sorry for your loss but us bridge pups will keep her company until you arrive!hug
[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Sun Mar 10, '13 10:52pm PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss. hughughug
Run free Java. rainbow
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2