GO!

Can't Believe H's Been Gone For Over 2 Years...

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

Snoopy Doo- Stewart

Gone, but not- forgotten. Rest- In Peace.

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 12:50pm PST 
October of 2012 just four short months ago was 2 years since my Snoopy was killed. cry I miss him every day. I can;t believe it's been that long already. Some days it feels like it's been 10 years, and sometimes it feels like just a week ago. He will always have a special place in my heart. He was hit by a car in front of my house and the guy kept going. I even tried to flag him down. Of all the days for me not to able to find his leash. I always took him out on a leash, and the one time he goes out without one, he gets killed. I still feel so guilty. cry When will it get easier?

RIP Snoopy Doo Stewart flowers little angel rainbow hug

Edited by author Sat Feb 16, '13 12:53pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 12:28pm PST 
Sweetie I understand how you feel, I too lost a 4 year old dog "Goldie" that I adopted from the Humane Society, One very early Nov morning my then 9 year old son got up to let Goldie out to do her business. (We usually get a leash and walk her or at least I am with her on our 2 acre property). Anyhow shortly after I went outside to call the dog in, to no avail, so I started to walk out in back calling her name. We live 2 doors down from a set of train tracks and at that moment a train came by blowing its horn. I got chills up and down my spine, because I KNEW then that something bad had happened to my liitle girl, who always came promptly when called. Sure enough 10 minutes later I went up on the tracks to find the lifeless body of my Goldie(My son was with me ). It was not pretty. I almost fainted I was in such shock and disbelief. This was 7 years ago, and I have expereinced such a range of emotions from guilt to anger to depression to denial. I felt that it was my fault because I told my son to let her out to just go potty and then call her back in right away. The What ifs kept replaying in my mind time and again. However things do get better with time (if you let them). I have adopted other dogs over the years, and will continue to do so because I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! I have had dogs for the past 35 years and have lost quite a few over the years, its heartbreaking to lose them because they are like my kids, but there is always a animal out there that desparately needs a good home! Please keep that in mind, you will always love and miss Snoopy but you have had all the right intentions and bad things do happen no matter what we can do to prevent them. I wish you peace and send you love. Sue M
[notify]