GO!

Don't know what to do...

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

Jack ~May- '12 - Jul '12~

Live like- there's no- tomorrow

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 9:53pm PST 
In July my puppy Jack passed away from parvo. I hoped things would be easier by now...but as it is I still get incredibly sad when I hear of someone's pet beating parvo. Not because I want anyone else to go through this...I just keep thinking it wasn't fair. I want to be happy for those pets that are able to beat it and live happy, healthy, lives...I'm not there though. I don't know what to do to get rid of the bitterness. Jack is missed everyday...I wonder how tall he would be, how much he would weigh...remember how Angel and Jack adored each other and how Tia wanted to curl up with him when they slept. I think of how Jack would love having my room mate's dog around...having two playmates. It's not fair that he died that way & had to suffer. It's not right that he was left out in 100+ degree weather with no food/water for over a week until someone found him. It's just not fair.

I know this sounds selfish but it's honest. I don't have anyone I can really talk to about my feelings on this...most people I know have never had a dog that went through that or they refuse to talk about it.
[notify]
Alice

I am the Keeper

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 5:20am PST 
sweetie, what you feel is normal.it hurts when our old babies come to the bridge, and for one so young is even more sad.please know you did what you could, it just was not his time to be here.
angel feather kisses to you.
[notify]
Dinozzo - (2011-2011)

I am a NCIS- agent

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 7:28am PST 
I have been here too, We had a 9 week old Shih Tuz pup that was us for just a week and we had to put him to sleep, It was not fair either, little angellittle angel. But now we know he is a pretty angle
[notify]

Maggie (I'm- Moms Angel- Now)

Punish the DEED- NOT The Breed!!!

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 9:26am PST 
you can always paw mail me. I have been through it a couple times once right after I got out of high school and was living on my own. Sadly that dog didnt make it. The other I had when my mom died he survived it though.
[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 5:31pm PST 
We know exactly how you feel. There's nothing wrong with falling in love with a pup as cute as Jack. I remember your story while it was happening. Jack was very lucky to have had you. I know his life was short, but he was loved very much. That is/was very clear. It's never fair when they leave us too soon. I really don't think it gets better when you lose that one that gets in your heart. hughughug
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 8:30pm PST 
hug Anger is a normal stage to go through when grieving.( Denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance) You aren't a bad person for being angry that other puppies got well and Jack didn't. It isn't fair that he had to suffer the way he did, but you made his life better while he was with you and now you are honoring him with your grief.cryhug
[notify]
Gypsy

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 8:28am PST 
You aren't being selfish at all. It is never fair when our friends get taken from us, and especially at such a young age. Even though he was so young, at least he got to have your love, for however brief a time, instead of dying alone and unloved wherever he was before you got to him. The pain of losing a beloved dog never goes away or fades, rather, you grow stronger and are able to live with and accept it. He will always leave a Jack shaped hole in your heart, but someday when you are ready, you will have space to add a doggie into a spot next to Jack's. I'm sure if he could, he would lick your face and tell you that you did a good job and he's glad you were a good friend to him when he needed it most.
[notify]
Xena- (1999-2012)

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 3:06pm PST 
It doesn't sound selfish at all. Your poor baby didn't even have a chance! If I were in your position I would be extremely bitter and angry. I wish he was here and I wish I had some words to dull your pain. hug
[notify]
Jack ~May- '12 - Jul '12~

Live like- there's no- tomorrow

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 11:07pm PST 
Thanks everyone for the responses. It's nice to have some encouragement and support here. Jack was the first puppy to die in my arms. I've been told "he was just a dog..." when trying to talk about feelings on this.
[notify]
Xena- (1999-2012)

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 8:38am PST 
People who tell you that he was "just a dog" are obviously idiots who don't care about animals one bit!! Don't you listen to them because they will never have the heart or empathy to understand your loss!

frown
[notify]