GO!

So incredibly sad - I had to say goodbye to my Sammy

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sammy

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '12 6:46am PST 
I know it will get easier in time, at least it's supposed to. I have been on Dogster on Facebook for a while but just found this forum and needed to talk to someone who understands about losing my beloved buddy.

It's only been a few days. I just got a card in the mail from his vet. I can't stop crying, I don't want to go home because home is quiet and there is no sammy. I have grown children who are grieving as well but I'm the one with the empty house and can't stand it. I do have a husband I love but he is not a dog person and never was, never will be. He just doesn't understand.

I don't know what to do to feel better. I sit in my car and cry because I don't want to go in. I've had anxiety and panic attacks all week. I'm starting to mess up at my work. Part of me just doesn't care.

Sammy was the sweetest, most loving dog I've ever, ever met. He was one of a kind and I miss him so much. He had diabetes and was blind and was in pain. I took care of him 24/7. I realize now it was the #1 priority in my life and now he's gone. frown I feel so guilty. My heart literally hurts.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '12 7:32am PST 
hughughughughug
Stop trying to feel better. Give yourself time to heal. I am sorry for your loss and really sorry that you have to go through this alone. I know how that feels. When I lost Freeway I went to a park that she had enjoyed and this sweet young Golden was there with his mom. He kept running over and giving me kisses. I was still heartbroken but I did feel better for a few minutes. I think I cried for months, so please just let yourself grieve.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '12 7:44am PST 
I agree with Sabi. I cried for months,and still cry at times over the loss of my Mattie. We got another pup right away,(Mika) but it really didn't help much except to keep me busy. Mika never bonded with me like she did my husband,I think in part because I was still so grief stricken and couldn't give her the things she needed and he could. Later we got Kai and things have been better for me since,but take the time you need to grieve.
[notify]

(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Sat Jul 28, '12 5:02am PST 
it takes a lot of time and some furs heal faster in your heart than others...with misty i could accept it better because she was so ill,but bullie passed suddonly and i still cry at times,four years after his passingshrug
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sat Jul 28, '12 7:07am PST 
Agree with the others. Take time to grieve. You did the best thing for Sammy by setting him free. No more pain. RIP Sammy little angel Know that you are a good person and gave him a wonderful life. We understand loss here and know what you are feeling. I didn't eat for a few days after Turner passed. I can still cry at the drop of a dime thinking about him. But it's alright, I loved him and will always love Turner. I took the time to just cry and yell at God, I was very angry for a long time. But I also knew that I took away any more suffering that he would've gone through. He knew all of my secrets and never told anyone smile I know you miss Sammy, it's alright to miss him, he was a huge part of your world. My cure was going to a shelter to love on some other dogs. I didn't want another dog, I hurt too much. But to be around other dogs gave me hope that there would be joy in my world again. Give yourself time, then wake up and realize you are a good person and you were lucky enough to experience life with Sammy. Look back on the fun things you did, the things that made you laugh or just smile. We're here for you...hughughug
[notify]
NOT- Hurricane- Sandy (aka- Thump

Stunned that- Dogster is going- away

Barked: Sat Jul 28, '12 8:37am PST 
Grieve....but also remember to breathe....Try some relaxing exercises....I have lost many babies...Kramer being the most recent....It never gets easier....

Some people believe that they can never replace their lost friend/pet, and you should not try to...but getting a new pet to replace the love you need, is not replacing the one you lost....If that makes sense

Think about adopting a new fur baby...don't hurry into it...but if you find one that needs you as much as you need them you will be much happier for it
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat Jul 28, '12 12:29pm PST 
Sandy, I was just gonna say the same thing.

Sammy, give yourself some time to grieve. I'm so sorry that you have to do this alone and that your husband isn't a dog person, but if it makes you feel better, go to the pet store or dog park and play with other dogs for a while till you're ready to take in another furry baby.

Victoria xxx
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Sat Jul 28, '12 3:04pm PST 
hughughughug my heart goes out to you!
[notify]
Lexey..forev- er in my- heart

Rescue from your- local- Shelter!!!!

Barked: Sat Jul 28, '12 3:48pm PST 
hughughughughughughughug I just lost my beautiful Lexey in June. There has not been one day that the tears have not flowed. I think when you take care of an animal as well as you did Sammy, you form a bond and when they leave...it seems like our whole world has fallen a part. In a way it has. It is going to take a long time for the grief process. I so understand. I feel like all the joy was taken from my life with Lexeys death. It is getting easier to breathe and to come home...but the pain it is still there. Give yourself time and know...Sammy loved you so very much. When you are ready and in his honor..find another to love. Trust me...it will get better. Hugs, Pat
[notify]
Lucky / Rest- In Peace

Barked: Sat Jul 28, '12 6:42pm PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss. frown I don't think we ever really "get over" loosing one of our furbabies, we just learn to live with it.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2