GO!

did you get to hold them?

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Fri Feb 17, '12 7:57pm PST 
hug Starr...cry

As far as your question , yes we did with all 4 of our boys..rainbow

Panzer & his son Kinks & his son Odin & his son Rommel & will do the same for his son Thor when his time comes...we wanted to be the last thing they saw & touched as they passed over.. rainbow

We are lucky enough to have a long time vet , who now owns the hospital
we go to. Its always been the downside of taking the responsibilty to owning a pet, but as other have said , hubby & myself felt it was important enough to take the day off to be there, we owed it to all of them for the life & love they gave us..Many tears were shed & sometimes still do ...

Thoughts & Prayers
Thor..

Edited by author Fri Feb 17, '12 8:01pm PST

[notify]
S

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sat Feb 18, '12 9:20am PST 
Turner... hughughug

And thanks everyone.
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat Feb 18, '12 4:54pm PST 
I have never had to put down a pet yet, thank dog, but should the need arise, you can bet your butt I'd be there till the very end. I can't imagine the vet not letting you, and I also can't imagine people not being there till the very end. I find it very heartbreaking when they aren't, because for everything that the dog has given to you, don't they deserve just this last moment to be surrounded by those who loved them?
To those whose vets didn't let you hold them, why didn't they. That I would like to know. confused
[notify]

Dahlia

Gone, But Not- Forgotten.

Barked: Mon Feb 20, '12 9:51am PST 
hug To you & sorry for your loss. hug

I held Dahlia, and in my mind there was ZERO chance of her leaving my sight once we went inside the exam room. I needed to be the last loving thing around her as she passed over. I still have a scar from her foot as they put the sedative into her. (I look at it as a permanent reminder.)

FYI: How the dog is put under is an overdose of anesthesia. It may be cold going into the vein, but they don't feel pain.
[notify]
Wylie the- Wonder Dog - RIP

Carpe Praemium

Barked: Mon Feb 20, '12 1:22pm PST 
There is no good way to do it. I continue to second guess what happened with Wylie almost three years ago.

We all do our best and the pets who love us understand that we always tried to do what we thought to be best for them.

My condolences on your loss. hug
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2