GO!

My house is so empty now

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Pokey

Ain't I a- handsome dude ?

Barked: Sat Feb 4, '12 9:55am PST 
We are right there with you only 12 days ago for us. For me it has brought out all the wide range of emotions. I didn't realize how engrained Pokey was in our daily lives. Now I know. We were told 4 weeks ago to spoil him. That would mean we would do the same things we always did. I feel good about that. Way back I knew this day would come and it would be hard. I guess the measure of loss is relative to the measure of love. I try to balance the grief with great memories. I take his leash and go for a "walky" every morning to remember and visualize the way it used to be and how wonderful it was. Just typing this brings me to tears again but I know we are not alone and that brings some relief.

dog walk This is one thing I miss most - dragging me down the street, I had to use a bicycle to be able to stay at Pokeys pace. Just one of many many memories. I read your bio and it looks like you have a ton of great memories. I hope you will feel better as time goes on.
[notify]
Pua'ena-Rest- In Peace

Vive la Bay- Area!

Barked: Sat Feb 4, '12 6:35pm PST 
I just wanted to thank all of you for your compassion, kindness and understanding and for sharing your deeply personal experiences; it really means the world to me that others truly understand. I'm taking it one day at a time, although being in this empty house without my dear Pua'ena still makes me burst into tears. I miss her quietly snoozing in her corner, her super loud, sloppy way of drinking water, her befuddlement when faced with squirrels, that quick pricking of the ears and "thump thump thump" of the tail whenever I woke up and came home after work, her love of mashed potatoes, her goofy faces and play stances, her obsessive chewing on squeaky toys at odd hours of the night...and...I guess it's not just about being in the house. She and I went everywhere together; we had a million adventures and mishaps and any time I'm in a beautiful, natural spot, I'm going to be flooded with those memories. I even bought my first car and house with her comfort in mind. Gosh, I really gave a lot of love to her and was paid back a million times over. That's the wonder of having "a good dog"...
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2