GO!

My house is so empty now

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Pua'ena-Rest- In Peace

Vive la Bay- Area!

Barked: Wed Feb 1, '12 4:15pm PST 
I just came home from the emergency vet's where I just had my beloved dog euthanized. She had been suffering from various progressive ailments, including a cancerous tumor obstruction that was causing her to weaken (she couldn't stand at all), become disoriented and have seizures. I knew that I would have to say goodbye, inevitably, but it feels so excruciatingly painful. When I lifted her to the car for the drive to the vet's, her body was totally limp and she had none of her typical spunk and spark...none...it was really a clear sign to me that this was it. Everything the doctor said made sense-'she is suffering so much and will only get worse if you try interventions or take her home again'-but I just wanted to delay the final decision. After 10 hours of soul-searching and just loving and cuddling my sweet one for the final time, the deed was done. I'm home now and all of my dog's stuff lying around just makes me break down in tears again and again. It's really sad. I do know that she is not suffering any more, and she had a rich and fulfilling life, and she was very loved. Still...

Edited by author Wed Feb 1, '12 4:43pm PST

[notify]
Alice

I am the Keeper

Barked: Wed Feb 1, '12 4:53pm PST 
the right thing is so very hard
she is free of pain and well again

angel feather kisses to you
[notify]
Lucky- (R.I.P)

We were lucky- with you, baby- girl.

Barked: Wed Feb 1, '12 10:12pm PST 
hug Just as Alice said, the right thing is often the hardest. And just because we know it is what is best, it does not make it easier or the pain any less. I'm so sorry for your loss.

May your girl rest easy in heaven. rainbow

"Good bye may seem forever,
Farewell is like the end.
But in my heart's a memory,
And there you'll always be"
[notify]

Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Thu Feb 2, '12 5:48am PST 
Oh gosh Pua'ena...I'm so sorry...I'm glad your mom has her other fur babies there to comfort her. I'm also glad your mom got to be there with you. It hurts, hurts like hell, but I know and believe in my heart, you are young and strong and playful again.

My thoughts and prayers are with you hughughughughug
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Feb 2, '12 7:10am PST 
We are so sorry for your loss. I understand how difficult it was for you to do the right thing for her because I have had to make that decision myself. I remember that quiet,empty,lonely feeling myself and it does seem unbearable. It will get better with time. For now let yourself cry,rant,scream,or whatever and grieve and mourn your loss.
I promise there are so many here who will listen,understand,support and comfort you in any way we can.All you have to do is let us know.hug

little angelrainbow Fly Free Sweet Girlrainbowlittle angel
[notify]
Olive- *2006-2012*- (RIP)

Toy? Did you say- TOY?!

Barked: Thu Feb 2, '12 8:10am PST 
So sorry for your loss. I understand your pain. hughug
[notify]
(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Fri Feb 3, '12 1:26am PST 
i'm so sorryhughughughughughug
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Fri Feb 3, '12 9:18am PST 
Fly free sweet Angel Pua'ena. little angel My heart goes out to your family
hug
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Fri Feb 3, '12 12:47pm PST 
Rest in Peace Pau'ena you are so loved...hughughug's to your family. We understand the silence - it's deafening and it sux!
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Sat Feb 4, '12 5:36am PST 
hughughughug

** I have sent you on a journey....not because I did not love you....but because I loved you too much to force you to stay **

xoxo River
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2