GO!

Preparation and Whatnot

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

Shortdog

short, dark, and- handsome

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '12 12:11pm PST 
I haven't really thought too much about what I'm going to do when Shortdog passes. To assure you, he's not, that I know of, on his way out or anything...in fact, he's extremely healthy and lively for an almost 15 year old Dachshund. But, when he goes, I want him cremated, and I'm thinking like, have some ashes in a lovely urn, and some in either a pendant on a necklace or maybe a ring or something. Question is, where would I go to get a pendant or ring like that? Would they have them there at the vet/crematory/pet cemetery place? Also, I want to make sure I have something ready to make a beautiful display. I want something beautiful and special for a memorial for him.
But yeah, my main question is about where to go to get a pandant or whatever. Suggestions about memorials are also welcome.

thanks big grin
[notify]
Alice

I am the Keeper

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '12 3:51pm PST 
there are some on-line places you can order some wonderfull things
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '12 5:10pm PST 
I agree with ordering online. Google "jewelry ashes" and you'll get a list of sites that sell urns, necklaces that can hold ashes, glass jewelry and diamonds made with the ashes you send them, ect.
[notify]

Chloe - 6/18/02 - 7/23/12

Anyone seen my- drool towel?

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '12 7:52pm PST 
A mortuary will also have pendants, etc. It is kind of nice to be able to look at and touch them before you buy. (They will also place the ashes in the pendant or ring for you if you don't want to do it yourself). Not sure about price though. On-line may be cheaper.little angel
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '12 7:55pm PST 
When Turner passed I went to Perfect Memorials. I bought a beautifully inscribed urn and jewelry. They had the best selection and prices...
[notify]
Merlin (In- loving- memory)

Isnt it- breakfast/- lunch/dinner- time yet

Barked: Wed Jan 25, '12 11:45pm PST 
Enjoy the time you have left together, hold him and cuddle him and tell him you love him as much as possible.

When the time comes, the pain in your heart and soul will tear you apart.

Merlin's Daddy
[notify]
(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Thu Jan 26, '12 7:37am PST 
i always have the ashes in the bowl.
i believe that ashes should not be seperated(but that's only my own opinion ofcourse.)
but the pet cremation centre has a lot of options for the ashes of your pet and like all the other furs bark,there are some nice online places where you can buy things.
[notify]
Shortdog

short, dark, and- handsome

Barked: Thu Jan 26, '12 12:30pm PST 
Awesome. Thanks for the info, guys smile
[notify]