GO!

RIP Duncan, 1995-2012

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 36)  
1  2  3  4  
Duncan

Because I'm- Duncan, that's- why

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 6:22pm PST 
hughughug
Thank you all for your kindness and support at this time.

Yes, it has been a tremendous help to have so many people in my life who understand.
And it has been a great help to have the friendship and community of Dogster.
And, my greatest help has been my other three dogs. What would I do without them??! Each in their own ways, showing me how to get on with life.

But, I don't quite recognize myself without Duncan.
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 9:56am PST 
Oh....just seeing this now! I got to know Duncan.....or Duncan version #2 as by the time he became my neighbor he wasn't quite what he once was. Saw his decline and knew he'd be stubborn about it. Some dogs just are that way.

I don't think it is a discomfort with death, but rather the giving of death; one could argue the gifting of it. That's a pretty hard place to emotionally be, because we can only imagine what we as humans and mortals can never truly know....what does the dog think on the issue, of his world. I always felt that my beloved GSD, Pogo, who struggled with all sorts of health problems, remained out of loyalty to me. When Onion grew up enough to stop acting like a spaz brain, I think Pogo decided it was ok to pass the baton and let go.

Who knows the answers, really. What we do know is that Duncan is a dog who lived 17 years on this earth, traveled many places, had many fine adventures. He could have been a statistic. Not simply a shelter statistic, but I hope Duncan won't mind me saying that, this being her very first dog, she really had not a clue what she was doing laugh out loud Or getting into. Part of that getting into, though, was she had no clue of the precious bond and layered life that you live when welcoming a dog into your life. In her case, it not only took her on many adventures, but changed the course of her life.

I don't really mourn Duncan. I can more celebrate him. He had a good life...a fine life for a Beagle, going on as many adventures as he did. He touched a lot of people along the way. He was a payback to shelters, for inspiring his owner in the ways that he did to involve herself in the cause. And without testicles, left a very definite legacy. That's good stuff right there. A life well lived, a journey of consequence, with lots of tail wags, fun smells and rich adventures along the way.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 7:58pm PST 
Well said Tiller! applause Mourn the loss, celebrate the adventure. hug
[notify]

Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 8:01pm PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss.
RIP Duncan little angel
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Tue Jan 24, '12 11:58pm PST 
hugSorry for your loss.hug
[notify]
Eponine

Love- unconditionally.

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 12:07pm PST 
I only just saw this. My heart is breaking for you. My thoughts are with you, and I wish you peace. RIP wonderful Duncan. rainbow
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 36)  
1  2  3  4