GO!

Denial

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Raven RIP- 9/17/97-12/1- 6/08

Running free- with Daddy at- the Bridge

Barked: Sat Dec 17, '11 1:06am PST 
hugTo you and Leohug

Grief takes many forms and is not linear. As you said, Leo was with you for more than 1/2 your life. That is an enormously significant span, especially since you were at such a critical life stage when he came to you. He wasn't just *in* your life, he was an integral *part* of your life and of who you are. Living with Leo was full of more routines than you consciously realized, and now that's been abruptly uprooted. Time will help. It's about the only thing that does. Raven has been gone 3 years, and my breath still catches whenever I see a black dog that even resembles her. Not that I think even for a second that it could be her, but I'm brought back to the times I shared with her and the places we went together.
[notify]
Rowan

bark first, ask- questions later

Barked: Tue Dec 20, '11 5:29am PST 
I am so sorry for your loss. My friend who has lost two dogs over the years of her long life says that eventually the memories become sweet instead of just being sad but it will take some time.
[notify]
Roxie RIP my- Beloved- Princess

Shredding needed- call me..

Barked: Tue Dec 20, '11 3:04pm PST 
Maybe it gets easier, it doesnt really feel like it though. You catch yourself smiling at a memory and then in the next moments a sound that is so sorrowful comes from your body and it just cant be denied- you dont even recognize the agonized wail as your own.

I miss my princess so much, We took in a shelter last chance little girl in July whose only crime was twenty minutes left on the cage rental before the bluejuice. I was not ready for another dog, but the sound of silence in our house was deafening. No little "lucky" our newest orphan will not fill my Roxies "paws" but she has brought me great comfort and a chance to try to heal just by caring for her. She has returned my efforts and love with a little fur to bury my face when the tears are just too much to bear.

It is hard not to look for My beloved as I see a glimpse of her everywhere and I feel her guiding my life for the good changes I made this year.

Keep your chin up and remember they are in our hearts-forever. Stay away from people who do not understand your pain, they only prolong the agony. There is no happy xmas at my house this year, but the ache that toments my sould every minute is just a little duller. Just like life. With Roxie it was techinicolor now we are back to just black and white. But the memories-- wow they are so beautiful

Try to do great things in your babies name. That is the only thing that has helped me to hang on. Our prayers are with you during your darkest hours. May your baby's inner beauty bring peace to your heart.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2