GO!

Denial

Whether a dog dies, is lost or stolen, or must be placed in a new home, this is the place to gather together to give and receive love and support when you experience the loss of a beloved dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Leo- (1997-2011)

Never Gonna- Stop, Mama!

Barked: Mon Dec 12, '11 11:33pm PST 
I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that Leo is no longer alive. When I come home and he's not there, I find myself thinking "he's at Mom's," and when I'm with my Mom, I think "he's at home."

I know he's dead. I bought a necklace/urn so I'll always keep him with me yet I still cannot acknowledge he's gone. I stare at pictures of him and I'm a blank slate. Every couple of weeks, when I'm alone at night, I weep (I'm not trying to be poetic - I actually mean "weep" - no crying here) for my one true friend and son.

Does this twilight/denial wear off? Will it hit me? Has anyone else been through this? If so, how do you deal? I just feel so incomplete.
[notify]
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '11 12:25am PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss. Yes, in time it will go away. I know it hurts when you think even for a second that he is at your mom's or at home. When one of my dogs died several years ago, I kept expecting her to come walking out of the room her bed was in. It took a while for me to even go to that room. You're just going through the grieving process...and while it may not seem so right now, he is in a better place where there's no pain or sorrow. In time, you will heal.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '11 8:13am PST 
What you are going through happens to everyone but how long it takes to get over is an individual thing. In time you will be able to accept and deal with your loss. It is difficult and somehow we deal with it only as we are able. Give yourself time and let yourself grieve. Things will get better.hughughug
[notify]

Lucky- (R.I.P)

We were lucky- with you, baby- girl.

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '11 10:42am PST 
After Lucky passed I would often pause and try to step over her in the middle the hall way where she would often sleep. I went to go get her food bowl, asked if she had been fed. I waited for her by the door, often to realize she would never again come to greet me.

But over time it does pass. Give yourself time to let yourself feel whatever you need to. I'm very sorry for your loss hug
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Tue Dec 13, '11 4:54pm PST 
You're not in denial. It's like a state of shock. When Turner passed it was so sudden. I didn't eat for 3 days and then it took a few more days to remember to eat. We all grieve in our own way. Turner has been gone for 8 months and I still cry. I don't think I'll ever get over losing him, but I've learned to cope with the loss. Give yourself time. Grieving takes time. We're here for support. I swear without my Dogster friends I would've gone nuts. hug's to you for your loss...
[notify]
(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Wed Dec 14, '11 2:21am PST 
it takes time and time depends on what kind of person you are.
i'm a person that holds on to things.
misty died the 5th of november and i knew she would go,when the moment came i amost went nuts...
and one day i feel that i'm doing pretty well, than i can understand that she was old and tired and that she's free now.
other days i'm so angry,depressed and nothing can make me happy than.
she gone i think,how can i live without my misty.

my boxer died three years ago and i also have those moment about him still.
in time the sharp edge swill fade,but the pain and loss will always be connected to the memory of that beloved furchild you lost!
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Wed Dec 14, '11 8:31am PST 
hug for Leo and you. I know this must be unbearable to you. Most of us here on Dogster have been through this and the support we get here is so comforting. We can relate to how you feel. Personally, I have been through this twice and found you just have to go through the grieving process. My house was so empty and there was a hole in my heart. Slowly, day by day, things got a little better and they will for you, too. It just takes time. We ended up adopting a rescue Golden and she has helped bring joy back into our hearts (still holding the love for our other two there, too) We are always here if you want to talk. big hug
[notify]
Leo- (1997-2011)

Never Gonna- Stop, Mama!

Barked: Wed Dec 14, '11 9:32am PST 
Thank you all so much. I was thinking more about it, and part of what makes it so hard is that I grew up with him. I hit almost every milestone of my life with him: I got him when I was in 7th grade - I'm 26 now. It's just hard to think of going through any more milestones without the best friend who's been there for me through it all.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Fri Dec 16, '11 2:41pm PST 
Freeway has been gone for 12 years and I still have moments when I expect her to be there when I open the door. I still miss her and I always will but time has made the grief a dim memory that brings a smile with the tears. Now that the pain is gone I am more apt to remember her goofy grin or her crazy bounce. As devastated as I was by her lose I wouldn't have traded one minute with her. It takes time to process grief and we all do it differently. Our dogs will always be with us. Your dog will always stand beside you loyal and true. Something as insignificant as death can't change that.
[notify]
Rommel

RIP 1996 - 2008 We Miss You- Old Man

Barked: Fri Dec 16, '11 2:49pm PST 
So sorry for your loss....rainbow

Rest In Peace Leo, you sounded like a great companion...cry

Thoughts & Prayers
Rommel & Thor...
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2