GO!

Wheaten terrier mix?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Gracie Lou

Half dachsie,- all moxie!

Barked: Tue Oct 5, '10 3:25pm PST 
Do any of the wheaten owners have an opinion on whether Gracie could be a wheaten mix? I know she's not full, she's only 20 pounds. But after reading about their coloring and the quality of their coats, it really does fit her to a T. I would appreciate any input!
[notify]
Buckeye

Eat, Sleep &- Play! Yes, Life- is Good!

Barked: Wed Oct 27, '10 4:03pm PST 
I think that it could be possible! By looking at her coat, especially her back, it looks like its the color or texture of a Wheaten. She's really adorable!
[notify]
Gracie Lou

Half dachsie,- all moxie!

Barked: Fri Oct 29, '10 1:41pm PST 
Thank you! I wish I could afford a DNA test, but most of the breeds I suspect aren't on most of them anyway. I guess I'll just keep guessing and loving her silly in the meantime smile
[notify]

Buckeye

Eat, Sleep &- Play! Yes, Life- is Good!

Barked: Wed Nov 10, '10 12:18pm PST 
You're welcome! To be honest, the DNA testing isn't always accurate. I've heard some people around Dogster saying that the results they've gotten were completely off, but some were also believable.
I wouldn't spend any money on DNA testing anyways if it isn't 100% trustworthy! Gracie is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!
[notify]