GO!

Satellite TV Spammers

Are you a fan of Dogster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome dog site ever! We woof you right back!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Dogster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster.

Beasley

I'm the Bee's- Knees!

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 10:17am PST 
We received an avalanche of spam in Dogster Forums and Answers today. Watch Dog, the Moderators, and I removed hundreds of spam posts. Unfortunately, the spammers are creating accounts regulary, and posting in the Forums consistently, every minute or so. Legitimate posts are buried 25 pages in.

The Tech Team and Ops Urgent were unable to resolve the issue or remove the SPAM posts in the Forums today, nor are they able to investigate further until Monday.

In the meantime, in an effort to thwart the spammers I requested to have Dogster registration disabled. Unfortunately, they are somehow making their way around the disabled registration. I have tried unsuccessfully to "bump" buried posts but the spammers one up me. Le sigh.

Please know that the Community team is doing everything we can to remove existing spam in the Forums and hope the technical team will find a permanent solution after the week's end.

Thanks for all your help flagging these posts and have a great weekend!

meditate
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 1:03pm PST 
Thanks, Beasley and Lori.
We appreciate it, and meanwhile we will keep notifying and also try to keep bumping if we can.
Glad you posted in here, too. I was gonna post something myself for those without Plus, now I don't have to.
I suppose you don't want to hear that answers has been hit as well? People need to get a life, or at least let others HAVE their life!!!
[notify]
Beasley

I'm the Bee's- Knees!

Barked: Sat Mar 9, '13 2:59pm PST 
Come join the fun!

Satellite TV Welcoming Pawmmittee in F&N

wishes