GO!

Dogster Site Redesign Scheduled for February!

Are you a fan of Dogster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome dog site ever! We woof you right back!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Dogster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Mon Jan 2, '12 11:22am PST 
Please... go read Updates again... the clicky link in the HQ 1st post...

You will see.. NO CODE changes are scheduled.......What IS set for is stuff that has needed changing upgrading/refreshing/mending for a long time. HOPEFULLY they will achieve this with minumum upset !

As to reviving the group.... many folk have departed the site to go to the Faceless book ... not me.... but many have...

I belong to a couple of small groups... maybe 15-20 posters tops.. we all know each other.. we all post daily if not that often certainly weekly. We use the groups to keep in touch. No heroics.. not big happenings.... just friendship... and the groups thrive.

You may want to think of running in a group that way...... seems to be the key .. small.. and slowly built alliegences.
[notify]
Dogster HQ

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 2:32pm PST 
We're making pawgress!

puppyway to go
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 5:17pm PST 
Holding my breath !

hugsnoopymeditate
[notify]

Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Fri Feb 10, '12 2:26pm PST 
Hey, for the past week or so I've had trouble with the site- could it be related to the new updates, are they in progress, or do I just have bad luck?

Most of the time, if I use the "back" button on my browser, it skips back two pages instead of one (if the missing page was the forums homepage- it just doesn't want to go there.) And today about the half the time, pages don't load at all, just the ads, which is annoying.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Fri Feb 10, '12 6:13pm PST 
Bruno...

Its doubtful...

and no.. the updates arent in progress as I type !!

If you read the HQ Updates ... right side of Community page.... you will see.

read back as well.. they explained what the updates will be.../// this will get you started

http://blogs.dogster.com/dogster_site_updates/2012/02/07/dogster-site-updates-were-making-beautiful-pawgress/ GOOD NEWS concerning the HQ Update !

EDIT:.......... forgot to say... I have been getting the slow load too... probably IS the site... but not the updates as such as they arent in use... but thinking it is one of the reasons FOR the Updates.. if that makes sense !

Edited by author Fri Feb 10, '12 6:15pm PST

[notify]
Princess- Trudy Ann

Lady Trudy,- Princess, Trudy- Ann,

Barked: Sun Feb 12, '12 5:31pm PST 
My mommy has been long been over the human site, and had been hoping to find a new forum. I gave her a reason to become a part of the Dogster family. Thanks Dogster for bringing fun to our home. Yeah!
[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Tue Feb 14, '12 7:14pm PST 
Happy to see less ads! Starting to be a bit overkill lol.

Are you guys ever going to do anything with the search bar? It's so frustrating....so random, can't do specific searches. It'd be neat to have that updated.wave

Although, from the sound of it, this seems more like a cosmetic update, right?
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Tue Feb 14, '12 8:58pm PST 
Sanka..

My take on it is that it will make site navigation better. Not exactly cosmetic... certainly **should** make it a cleaner easier site to get around.

Sigh.. yep the search... but lets take what we can get !

I think it will also involve seperating out the blog side .. maybe not so we will notice.. but it should improve overall site efficiency. Anything that does that will be an improvement !

Right now things are going through Beta testing.... and hopefully this will avoid some false starts of the past

Again.. just my take on things.

I use an ad blocker... that I LOVE.... silenced

Edited by author Tue Feb 14, '12 9:01pm PST

[notify]
Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Sat Feb 18, '12 1:03pm PST 
So I'm not the only one having trouble getting things to load? Picture missing, backgrounds not showing ect? Or just whole pages refusing to load?
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Feb 18, '12 5:30pm PST 
Definately not alone Dunlop !
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2