GO!

I can't use Dogster.

Are you a fan of Dogster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome dog site ever! We woof you right back!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Dogster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster.

Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Wed Nov 3, '10 12:45pm PST 
Every time I click on a link to anything, Dogster seizes up, my entire browser locks up for 7-8 seconds until Dogster sorts itself out.

I want to browse the forums but I can't even do that really, this is really terrible. No other sites respond like this and I've of course tried clearing cache/cookies/history/etc.
[notify]
Queenie

I love- everything

Barked: Mon Dec 6, '10 8:10pm PST 
see if your firewall might be blocking some of the adverts. I am not sure what your computer specs are so I cannot help you further unless you give me more info. You are more than welcome to paw mail me.
[notify]
Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Mon Dec 6, '10 9:00pm PST 
Seems to have been browser-specific as well as site-specific (no other website acts like this). I can't use Firefox, but I can use IE (I don't really like to, but...that's another story). IE freezes up when I try to close a tab, but that's not really a huge issue, and it doesn't bind up anywhere near as bad as when Firefox tries to load a Dogster page.

I do have an ad-blocker installed on Firefox - might that be the issue?
[notify]

Queenie

I love- everything

Barked: Mon Dec 6, '10 10:58pm PST 
Could be! there are a lot of adverts on here. I have been using Chrome! I like it because there is built in spell check. Apparently though there are times I have to be smarter than the spell checker go figure!
[notify]
Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Tue Dec 7, '10 4:52pm PST 
I tried out Chrome for awhile, wasn't to my liking. I have to say, needing to use IE to load this website has been a real PITA since it has no spellchecker...never realized how much I rely on it, hehe. I'll try disabling the adblocker sometime.
[notify]
Sparky

Life is a- B-A-L-L, throw- it!!

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 11:01am PST 
@Samson, woof and email to support via the contact link in the footer. They'll be able to walk you through all the configuration settings to make sure everything works great for you.
[notify]
Dozer ~ CGC

Life is about- clicking and- sleeping

Barked: Tue Dec 14, '10 7:49pm PST 
Actually, I used to have this problem too on IE. I switched to Firefox, and it stopped. I don't have any blockers installed, so that might be it.
[notify]