GO!

Why does the Raw forum keep getting bumped lower and lower

Are you a fan of Dogster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome dog site ever! We woof you right back!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Dogster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster.

Diesel

Did someone say- Dinner!?!?!?!?!

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 5:41am PST 
Why is that everytime Dogster adds a new forum the Raw forum and the Home Cooked forums get bumped? Why can't they just add them to the bottom?
[notify]
Becky RNCL

My Hat is Two- Sharks

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 12:41pm PST 
It's ALL the other forums...not specifically the raw forum. I would guess they add the new forums at the top so people notice them?
[notify]
Twister

woof softly and- carry a big- stick

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 2:47pm PST 
Actually from what I've noticed, all the new forums are right after the food & nutrition forum. The health forum and the food & nutrition forum have always been the first two. It would make a lot of sense for the raw and homecooked forums to stay right under the food & nutrition forum, since they all have something to do with food. thinking

I don't suppose it's really a big deal with dogster how the forums line up, but to some people (me included), having the forums in a sensible order goes a long way and is really helpful if the order stays basically the same so you don't have to wonder if a forum disappeared or not.

I agree that new forums should be added at the bottom, or kept within the grouping of forums that it goes with.wave
[notify]

Sprite

Center of- attention 24/7!

Barked: Sun Oct 24, '10 10:10am PST 
I believe they put the new forums at the top so they are more easily noticeable. I don't see how it matters, really...the raw forum isn't more important than any other.
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Wed Nov 3, '10 1:47pm PST 
Because the last 2 forums to be added were both Advertiser-based ('Mighty Dogs' and 'Bissel'). I'm certain part of the deal is for them to be more noticeable, 'above the fold'.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 8:14am PST 
Kolbe is right, those forums were basically created to target banner ads. Small dogs is pushing mighty dog canned food and dogs and a clean home is now pushing bisell spot bots. But I'm sure other products will be advertised later.

That's why they are more prominently placed...they're bringing in $$ from advertisers.
[notify]
Hershey Bear

Silly old bear

Barked: Thu Nov 4, '10 1:41pm PST 
I think all of the Food related forums (Food/Nutrition, Raw, and Homecooked) should be one after the other. The advertising/new forums (Small Dogs, Clean Home, etc) should be at the very top, and all of them would be under "New to Dogster". But thats my opinion.
[notify]
Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Fri Nov 5, '10 1:18pm PST 
When they add new forums, I think they should put them at the top then after a while move them near other related forums. They are a bit jumbled up right now and it does irk me. I like a bit of organization. I would group them as:
Choosing
Puppy
Small
Rescue
Breed Forums
Railroad

Health
Grooming
Clean Home

Food
Raw
Home Prepared

Behavior
Service
Agility

Law
Travel
Lifestyle

Edited by author Fri Nov 5, '10 1:21pm PST

[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Mon Nov 8, '10 5:37am PST 
I think they do it , knowing that you would have to scroll down , so you could get your exercise ....big laughbig laugh

Hugs & Farts
Thor ...wave
[notify]