GO!

stupid annoying video

Are you a fan of Dogster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome dog site ever! We woof you right back!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Dogster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sun Sep 19, '10 4:03pm PST 
Why is there a wallmart video when I log in at night? It's sooo friggin annoying. Please get rid of it HQ. frown
[notify]
Isabelle RIP

Pumpkin Pie- Puppy 2009-2010

Barked: Sun Sep 19, '10 8:12pm PST 
I know! I always have my volume on it it scares me so much!
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Mon Sep 20, '10 6:51am PST 
And it doesn't even have a thing to do with dogster or anything. At least not the first part. Does HQ even think we have time to watch the entire stupid thing?

Edited by moderator Mon Sep 20, '10 5:42pm PST

Edited by forums moderator

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Tue Sep 21, '10 6:29am PST 
Yeah, I try so hard to avoid mousing over it, but I tend to forget about it. But I'm quickly startled awake as my volume is always turned up to full because of school work. Quite annoying and totally irrelevant here. If I wanted to watch a commercial, I'd go turn on the TV.

Advertising like that doesn't get me interested in whatever they're trying to sell. It makes me hate them more lol. And it's Walmart of all places. Everyone knows of Walmart. Bad advertising in my opinion.

But if they're going to pay you to put it on your website, you can't blame Dogster for doing it. Dogster is free because of sponsors, so you just have to deal with it.
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Tue Sep 21, '10 8:16am PST 
Yeah exactly, the stupid ads are getting so old that I know them by heart. I hate commercials with a passion.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Tue Sep 21, '10 4:27pm PST 
Yoshi... I have contacted HQ on day 2 of the walmart irritation.

I commented that it has no part to do with dogster. I am waiting for a reply.

Bear this in mind.. and I have no idea if this is the case with this walmart thing..... some advertisers were coding their ads to override site coding. It happened with an ad a little while ago.. and the Techies had to make a code fix to stop that happening (they really were trying for us). They also finally zapped one advertiser I think.

So.. the jury is out on this annoyance right now for me.. it is incidently breaking through my very capable ad blocker .. that stops all else... so I am leaning toward aggressive coding by the ad company.. we shall see.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Tue Sep 21, '10 5:07pm PST 
Just had a response from HQ... they are trying to duplicate what is happening with it.. hopefully they will permenantly remove it.. but again.,... will have to wait and see.
[notify]
Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Tue Sep 21, '10 7:34pm PST 
It is really annoying! I try to avoid it but sometimes i can't help but scroll over it and then if i'm in the middle of trying to get to a forum or something i have to click it off and then avoid it again...It's just a major inconveinance!
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Wed Sep 29, '10 8:28am PST 
Oooh nooo, the stupid video is back today. Get rid of it HQ.
[notify]
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Wed Sep 29, '10 6:13pm PST 
This is the response I received from HQ today regarding the Wal-Mart ad:
-----------------------------
Thanks for checking in.
The Wal-Mart ad is the same ad running on other websites. (I see it mostly on Yahoo when I'm checking email.) At any rate, it's not an ad we designed, nor do we have creative control over how it works, but the Sales Team says it was a relatively small buy so it probably won't be around that much longer.

I passed along your comments/observations about the ad.

Woofs! & Tail Wags!

-watch dog-
--------------------------------

So, hopefully, it won't be around too long.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2