GO!

Ads

Are you a fan of Dogster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome dog site ever! We woof you right back!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Dogster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sun Sep 19, '10 3:19pm PST 
I have also sent in a complaint to HQ about the Walmart ad today.

I use an ad blocker.. and normally I dont see them.. but this walmart thing is aggressively come through.

HQ did explain a little while back that some advertisers were aggressively coding to overide site blocking.. and one ad they did block because of that...

So.. it may... MAY not be HQs fault each time.

BUT.. they need to know.. go to Contact Us at the bottom of any page.. and fill in the contact form saying which ad.
[notify]
Duke

THE GREAT WHITE- HYPE!

Barked: Sun Sep 19, '10 9:51pm PST 
Flicka, I'm having the same issue with the Walmart ad too. It keeps popping up and also blocking the log in field making me constantly refresh the page in order to log in to the site.
[notify]
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Mon Sep 27, '10 9:20am PST 
I recently got adblocker plus and I no longer see ads. I didn't get it before because if everyone got an ad blocker eventually then the purpose of ads would be defeated and Dogster would go out of business...but then a forum I frequent had a major bug with ads and the only way to fix it was to get an adblocker. xD And it is nice to be able to avoid the possibility of a bad ad popping up "by accident", especially since my little brother is starting to get into the internet.
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Mon Sep 27, '10 7:50pm PST 
Blocking ads has absolutely nothing to do with site revenue.

The ads are still there.If you are going to buy you will .. and you probably wont be using an ad blockocker!

Many ad companies also code to overide site coding.. thats how we experience the occasional one "break through".

Aggressive coding also generally makes people even more anti.. and as you do point out... some that break through are random ads that really dont need to be seen. HQ ALWAYS want to know about BAD ads..

That doesnt mean the one for food we dont personally like !! but there have been a few when google were feeding the random ads that had no place here .
[notify]
Mojo

Where\'s the- jumps?

Barked: Wed Sep 29, '10 8:15am PST 
This Walmart Ad is getting on my nerves, too...especially when I accidentally roll my mouse over it and my volume is turned way up. The woman in the ad starts talking and nearly gives me a heart attack every time.

Is there an ad blocker for Firefox?
[notify]
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Wed Sep 29, '10 12:32pm PST 
Yeah, there is. I use Firefox. Tools > add ons > get add ons > search "Ad Blocker Plus".

Edited by author Wed Sep 29, '10 12:32pm PST

[notify]
Luna

little miss- happy tail

Barked: Mon Oct 4, '10 2:21pm PST 
AdBlick Plus is my hero.

I am with Sampson on this one... i've considered getting a Plus account many times, but in the end I always come back to the ads on this site. Instead of getting a Plus account, i'll spend my money on some yummy things for miss Luna.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2