GO!

Ads

Are you a fan of Dogster? Share what you love best about the most pawsome dog site ever! We woof you right back!

If you would like to request a new feature or enhancement for the site, please contact Dogster Support by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Dogster.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Mon Aug 30, '10 2:07pm PST 
I'm at odds with much of the advertising on Dogster of late. The 'Zoom Room' ad that depicts a bully snarling at the end of his lead with the caption, "Tired of mean dogs?". I'm aware that Dogster doesn't have a say in a company's ad campaign, but I would think they review what will be posted on their site. There are even PeTA ads in the Laws and Legislation forum. PeTA's opinion of pit bulls is well publicized, so I was stunned to see their advertisements on a site whose motto, is "For The Love of Dog".

The advertising on Dogster is exactly why I don't pay for a "Plus" account.
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Mon Aug 30, '10 5:14pm PST 
I know what you mean. Stupid ads have popped up a lot since the new dogster was created. I'm not a huge fan of it, but I'm used to it.

Titus, I don't think plus has anything to do with the ads. It's just an extra feature to add more pics, decorate your page, and have extra forums. I had a plus account before but it expired and I just don't have the money to renew it at this time. I do miss it very much though.
[notify]
Brittany

Hello. Allow me- to introduce- myself...

Barked: Tue Aug 31, '10 7:32pm PST 
No I hink Titus is saying he won't support dogster if they have those adds. Which is one reason I canceled my Plus subscription until they get back to actually being for the love of dog.
[notify]

Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Tue Sep 7, '10 2:50pm PST 
I can't even edit my posts now 90% of the time because there is always an ad popping up over top of everything along the side of the screen. It's getting ridiculous.

I'm unlikely to get a Plus account at all, but the advertising (especially on my profile page) is killing any chance at all of me ever even considering the idea. I added a disclaimer saying I did not support in any way shape or form the ads that Dogster is forcing onto my profile page.

Edited by author Tue Sep 7, '10 3:00pm PST

[notify]
Penny Mouse- Fart Ayala

I eat, therefore- I am.....

Barked: Tue Sep 7, '10 4:50pm PST 
Zack, I could NOT agree more! I would NEVER feed any dog that stuff and yet there it is on my page!!! I figure that Dogster needs sponsers to pay the bills and Pedigree or whatever stepped up and that's how they got the space for advertising. We can't pick our commercials that play on our favorite shows, so it's kinda like that, I'm guessing. For sure not my choice, either!!!way to go
[notify]
Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Tue Sep 7, '10 6:06pm PST 
The difference is that your favorite shows aren't really representing you...your profile page is very, very personal. It's entirely about you! Or well, your dog, anyway, but it's kind of the same thing.

Dogster running ads in the forums is equivalent to your TV shows running advertisements...but it would be like a reality TV show plastering ads in post-editing on your clothing after they had filmed YOU.

Edited by author Tue Sep 7, '10 6:07pm PST

[notify]
The Hounds- of- Bassetville- +3

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Fri Sep 10, '10 7:20pm PST 
The ads used to bother me, and THEN I got ad block plus! If you use firefox or google chrome you can download it and POOF no ads!! Of course I still see the dreaded Mighty Dog "ads" but no banners or anything else! I don't know if it's available for IE or Safari but you could probably find out pretty easily! blue dog

ETA: I don't really think dogster has much control over some of the ads. I'll never forget the night that an animated "Trojen" ad promoting free samples showed up and haunted us! Definitely worth a few laughs, and inappropriate fun in the forumsshock

Edited by author Fri Sep 10, '10 7:26pm PST

[notify]
Dakota

Principles ...- Values ...- Common Sense

Barked: Sat Sep 11, '10 10:25pm PST 
There is a Mighty Dog ad? My ad blocker must be blocking it thinking

There are ad blockers for Internet Explorer, but I use the one built into my Kapersky Internet Security.

Ads don't bother me when they are placed in non-intrusive areas and they are not animated. I miss the good 'ol days when ads were not all over in the middle of everything and they didn't strobe you into a epileptic seizures.
[notify]
Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Fri Sep 17, '10 7:01pm PST 
Finally installed adblock...the site is much less chaotic and irritating to navigate, now.
[notify]
Mystique- 'Tiki'

Wooo Awooo!

Barked: Sun Sep 19, '10 1:48pm PST 
I totally agree with the ad blocker! The site is so much better now red facelaugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2