GO!

Tail Dock - Too long.

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sat Aug 31, '13 10:22am PST 
I have a 12 week old weimaraner puppy whose tail was docked by breeder. My vet says it is too long and that I should get it docked again. I think it is too long also, but feel it is only a matter of esthetics. I think my puppy is beautiful and don't see a need to have her tail cut again. Is it necessary to have her tail re-docked? Are their health concerns that I should be aware of?
[notify]

Barked: Sat Jan 11, '14 11:34am PST 
I would never redock a tail. There are no health concerns regarding a tail docked too long. There are many health concerns to redocking. I would leave it how it is, that makes your dog more original!!
[notify]

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '14 4:57pm PST 
Love her just the way she is...perfect in every way. She might just grow into it, too.
[notify]